Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Oaksnaf wrote:
Perhaps to be evenly balanced that chart you showed Dutchy, they should show what happens with cash compared to staying in the market when you move to cash at the top of the market and do a 5/10 year comparison.

People need to seek professional advice and not look at charts of tops/bottoms scenarios. As you can cherry pick your way to suit the angle of multiple opinions.


Absolutely moving to cash at the peak of the market is an ideal scenario if you are close to retirement, Ill be trying to nail this myself in a few years time.

But we are discussing the bottom (or near to it) of the market, where it is now, and what the best options are now.

Agree, everyone's position is different and professional advice should be sought
.


Thats why I visit SA Footy. To get the professional help needed to guide through these situations
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 47545
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8475 times
Been liked: 2340 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby locky801 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:16 pm

Confirmed cases as of 0700 hrs this morning 186 new cases in the last 24 hrs So far appears only 181,000 tests have been conducted Australia wide

Australian Capital Territory
53

New South Wales
1,405

Northern Territory
8

Queensland
493

South Australia
235

Tasmania
40

Victoria
520

Western Australia
231

2,985
Last edited by locky801 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42858
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1267 times
Been liked: 567 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Build a bloody wall around NSW!
gazzamagoo
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 98 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby The Bedge » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:24 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:Build a bloody wall around NSW!

Been saying it my whole life. 8)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2627 times
Been liked: 2780 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Trader » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:27 pm

So 3,000 cases in australia.
Cases double roughly every 3 days at the moment. That rate will slow as people recover, and the social distancing crackdown continues.

Lets say it averages a double every 7 days from here.

July before we hit the predicted 20% of Australians.

There are only so many jobs I can do around the house. 15 weeks is a bloody long time!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 406 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby locky801 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:27 pm

The Bedge wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Build a bloody wall around NSW!

Been saying it my whole life. 8)

'
there goes to aussie test cricket side then :lol:
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42858
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1267 times
Been liked: 567 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Corona Man » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 pm

locky801 wrote:Confirmed cases as of 0700 hrs this morning 186 new cases in the last 24 hrs So far appears only 181,000 tests have been conducted Australia wide

Australian Capital Territory
53

New South Wales
1,405

Northern Territory
8

Queensland
493

South Australia
235

Tasmania
40

Victoria
520

Western Australia
231

2,985


Id be interested to see how those numbers stack up on a per capita breakdown. While 520 for Vic, is not great, on Population perhaps its not so bad. Note not trying to down play the seriousness here.....
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9092
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 875 times
Been liked: 2374 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Q. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:34 pm

Trader wrote:So 3,000 cases in australia.
Cases double roughly every 3 days at the moment. That rate will slow as people recover, and the social distancing crackdown continues.

Lets say it averages a double every 7 days from here.

July before we hit the predicted 20% of Australians.

There are only so many jobs I can do around the house. 15 weeks is a bloody long time!


There will be a huge number of people that get it and never know too. If we can speed up widespread antibody testing, there will be no need for a prolonged lockdown.
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21510
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 948 times
Been liked: 2270 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:35 pm

Corona Man wrote:
locky801 wrote:Confirmed cases as of 0700 hrs this morning 186 new cases in the last 24 hrs So far appears only 181,000 tests have been conducted Australia wide

Australian Capital Territory
53

New South Wales
1,405

Northern Territory
8

Queensland
493

South Australia
235

Tasmania
40

Victoria
520

Western Australia
231

2,985


Id be interested to see how those numbers stack up on a per capita breakdown. While 520 for Vic, is not great, on Population perhaps its not so bad. Note not trying to down play the seriousness here.....

corona.png
corona.png (18.94 KiB) Viewed 457 times
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4342
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:36 pm

From midnight Saturday night ALL incoming passengers from overseas get a free 2 week hotel stay to quarantine
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41229
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2611 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:From midnight Saturday night ALL incoming passengers from overseas get a free 2 week hotel stay to quarantine

I dont get why people are still coming in
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4342
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby DOC » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:40 pm

Returning Citizens and some residents.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8739
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 818 times

Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:41 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:From midnight Saturday night ALL incoming passengers from overseas get a free 2 week hotel stay to quarantine

I dont get why people are still coming in
By law you can’t stop Australian citizens and residents returning to their home country. Hence why airlines will have to run charter flights to get some home
Last edited by Jim05 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41229
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2611 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:41 pm

Jim05 wrote:From midnight Saturday night ALL incoming passengers from overseas get a free 2 week hotel stay to quarantine


Finally some sense.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47195
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4811 times
Been liked: 7802 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Trader » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:42 pm

Q. wrote:
Trader wrote:So 3,000 cases in australia.
Cases double roughly every 3 days at the moment. That rate will slow as people recover, and the social distancing crackdown continues.

Lets say it averages a double every 7 days from here.

July before we hit the predicted 20% of Australians.

There are only so many jobs I can do around the house. 15 weeks is a bloody long time!


There will be a huge number of people that get it and never know too. If we can speed up widespread antibody testing, there will be no need for a prolonged lockdown.


Hope so.
I'm worried about the number of people that survive the virus but end up in the morgue from health issues related to financial stress.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 406 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Q. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Trader wrote:
Q. wrote:
Trader wrote:So 3,000 cases in australia.
Cases double roughly every 3 days at the moment. That rate will slow as people recover, and the social distancing crackdown continues.

Lets say it averages a double every 7 days from here.

July before we hit the predicted 20% of Australians.

There are only so many jobs I can do around the house. 15 weeks is a bloody long time!


There will be a huge number of people that get it and never know too. If we can speed up widespread antibody testing, there will be no need for a prolonged lockdown.


Hope so.
I'm worried about the number of people that survive the virus but end up in the morgue from health issues related to financial stress.


It's a worry. There were a lot of suicides due to the Robodebt scheme, so there is precedence for something similar to occur again.
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21510
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 948 times
Been liked: 2270 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 pm

Trader wrote:
Q. wrote:
Trader wrote:So 3,000 cases in australia.
Cases double roughly every 3 days at the moment. That rate will slow as people recover, and the social distancing crackdown continues.

Lets say it averages a double every 7 days from here.

July before we hit the predicted 20% of Australians.

There are only so many jobs I can do around the house. 15 weeks is a bloody long time!


There will be a huge number of people that get it and never know too. If we can speed up widespread antibody testing, there will be no need for a prolonged lockdown.


Hope so.
I'm worried about the number of people that survive the virus but end up in the morgue from health issues related to financial stress.


My feeling ( without being completely across fiscal policy ) is that on an individual level the gubinment is doing a pretty good job in the very to medium term with stimulus packages and access to funds helping people displaced from work because of it.

If they can get the banks on board with mortgages and rental property's we might just get through it without a full blown disaster.

ScoMo today talking about measures to put small/medium business into "Hibernation" with rent freeze/support so the other side of this will see them be able to open the doors when the time comes instead of locking them and walking away.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47195
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4811 times
Been liked: 7802 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby DOC » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:06 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:From midnight Saturday night ALL incoming passengers from overseas get a free 2 week hotel stay to quarantine

I dont get why people are still coming in
By law you can’t stop Australian citizens and residents returning to their home country. Hence why airlines will have to run charter flights to get some home


You can stop residents via cancelling their visa.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8739
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 818 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Q. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:33 pm

Woooo. SA rate of transmission declined!

27/03/2020 2:50pm

Total 3,167

Today 357

Deaths 13

Recovered 200 (+23)

NSW 1,405 (+186)
VIC 574 (+54)
QLD 555 (+62)
SA 257 (+22)
WA 255 (+24)*
ACT 62 (+9)
TAS 47
NT 12
User avatar
Q.
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21510
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: El Dorado
Has liked: 948 times
Been liked: 2270 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:35 pm

A Friday night not worling and not going to the pub or seeing a band. Weird times....
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44841
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 2607 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests