Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:21 am

I had items sent bu Aus post arrived inside 2 days!
That would've been a fortnight ago

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 47544
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8473 times
Been liked: 2340 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:53 am

The Bedge wrote:
Jim05 wrote:About 3 weeks behind still. Was 4-5 weeks of backlog a couple of weeks ago but they have made some changes which have made inroads into it but still a way to go. Maybe a month or so until it evens out

Cheers, appreciate that feedback - perhaps they could put something similar online instead of just "expect delays".

I've emailed asking for an update anyway - if it comes next week so be it, just be nice to know it's not lost.
I agree, trouble is they just don’t know themselves currently as flights/transport are chopping and changing daily and it’s a logistical nightmare currently.
Hopefully the changes they have made will start to see some freight moving quicker
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41229
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2611 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:54 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I had items sent bu Aus post arrived inside 2 days!
That would've been a fortnight ago

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
AP or Startrack label? That has a huge effect on speed of delivery
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41229
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2611 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:55 am

Jim05 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I had items sent bu Aus post arrived inside 2 days!
That would've been a fortnight ago

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
AP or Startrack label? That has a huge effect on speed of delivery
AP

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 47544
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8473 times
Been liked: 2340 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:58 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I had items sent bu Aus post arrived inside 2 days!
That would've been a fortnight ago

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
AP or Startrack label? That has a huge effect on speed of delivery
AP

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Very interesting.
Must have been luck of the draw and got processed quicker
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41229
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2611 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Bum Crack » Thu May 07, 2020 11:58 am

Jim05 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I had items sent bu Aus post arrived inside 2 days!
That would've been a fortnight ago

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
AP or Startrack label? That has a huge effect on speed of delivery

StarTrack are very quick. If I order something before 12pm from Golfbox, it's shipped from Perth and arrives in Berri the following day or the day after at the latest.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6661
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 215 times
Been liked: 578 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:05 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I had items sent bu Aus post arrived inside 2 days!
That would've been a fortnight ago

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
AP or Startrack label? That has a huge effect on speed of delivery

StarTrack are very quick. If I order something before 12pm from Golfbox, it's shipped from Perth and arrives in Berri the following day or the day after at the latest.
Hence why I asked. Because ST has their own fleet of freighters they are immune from much of these dramas and offer daily flights between all major cities. The flights arrive between 4-5am and the regional drivers depart around 6:30-7am so as long as the freight is unloaded and processed by then it will go out with them.
Golfbox have a very good deal with ST so you should be fine
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41229
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2611 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby RustyCage » Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

So George Pell lived with a rock spider but pretended to not know they were a rock spider
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
User avatar
RustyCage
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 14987
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 853 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Thu May 07, 2020 1:54 pm

RustyCage wrote:So George Pell lived with a rock spider but pretended to not know they were a rock spider


I usually don't wish ill upon anyone, here though I can make an exception.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47178
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4809 times
Been liked: 7801 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Jim05 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:21 pm

Booney wrote:
RustyCage wrote:So George Pell lived with a rock spider but pretended to not know they were a rock spider


I usually don't wish ill upon anyone, here though I can make an exception.
Deserves corporal punishment but there are too many do gooders in this country
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41229
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2611 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby locky801 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:19 pm

BOM once again getting the forecast totally wrong :roll:
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42851
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1267 times
Been liked: 567 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 07, 2020 5:35 pm

locky801 wrote:BOM once again getting the forecast totally wrong :roll:

Yep, I was waiting for our factory to get blown half way down the road, the radar doesn't look too treacherous either.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39910
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2870 times
Been liked: 5083 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Spargo » Thu May 07, 2020 5:59 pm

locky801 wrote:BOM once again getting the forecast totally wrong :roll:

I don’t know of any other “profession” that is wrong so often.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11611
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 3281 times
Been liked: 3451 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Footy Chick » Thu May 07, 2020 6:51 pm

and if they didnt issue a warning and the city blew away,, everyone would be hating on them for NOT warning them.

Just like Cyclone Tracey, how dare a cyclone not go the way in which the BOM thought she would :lol:

Damned if they do, damned if they dont. ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 25499
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1385 times
Been liked: 1877 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Spargo » Fri May 08, 2020 8:12 am

Footy Chick wrote:and if they didnt issue a warning and the city blew away,, everyone would be hating on them for NOT warning them.


And rightly so.
Because they would’ve got it wrong.


Again.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11611
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 3281 times
Been liked: 3451 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri May 08, 2020 10:12 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
heater31 wrote:Similar experience with a package too. Was over a week overdue. Sent an email enquiring the status. Lo and behold within an hour of sending it a message arrives that it's on board for delivery.....must have been sitting in one of their temporary facilities and nothing was done about it until I complained.
Same. I have another delivery expected to be delivered between 1/5 and 6/5, says its still sitting in Melb. Will lodge an enquiry later today in the hope I get to tomorrow.

Well well well, came first thing this morning after making the enquiry yesterday arvo.
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4342
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 08, 2020 12:20 pm

Update on my late watch: Lodged a customer enquiry 9:26am after online tracking was still showing no update since 30th April.

Just got an email (almost 2hrs later) it'll arrive today - check online track and trace and I kid you not the tracking history has been updated to include times/dates over the last week including "onboard for delivery from regency park" at 8:00am today!

Anyway, i'm glad it's coming haha
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11433
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2627 times
Been liked: 2780 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby heater31 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:34 pm

The Bedge wrote:Update on my late watch: Lodged a customer enquiry 9:26am after online tracking was still showing no update since 30th April.

Just got an email (almost 2hrs later) it'll arrive today - check online track and trace and I kid you not the tracking history has been updated to include times/dates over the last week including "onboard for delivery from regency park" at 8:00am today!

Anyway, i'm glad it's coming haha
Well that 3-0 for complaining and within 24 hours it's magically located and scheduled for delivery [emoji849]
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15662
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 469 times
Been liked: 1111 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:43 pm

heater31 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Update on my late watch: Lodged a customer enquiry 9:26am after online tracking was still showing no update since 30th April.

Just got an email (almost 2hrs later) it'll arrive today - check online track and trace and I kid you not the tracking history has been updated to include times/dates over the last week including "onboard for delivery from regency park" at 8:00am today!

Anyway, i'm glad it's coming haha
Well that 3-0 for complaining and within 24 hours it's magically located and scheduled for delivery [emoji849]
It’s not magically located, they would know exactly where it is located and their data base can pinpoint which ULD it’s in and which depot. Plenty of freight has been arriving and it’s sitting at the various PDC’s dotted around the place. If you complain or put in a request they will normally be able to get it for you.
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41229
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2611 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 08, 2020 12:49 pm

Jim05 wrote:It’s not magically located, they would know exactly where it is located and their data base can pinpoint which ULD it’s in and which depot. Plenty of freight has been arriving and it’s sitting at the various PDC’s dotted around the place. If you complain or put in a request they will normally be able to get it for you.

This is what I don't get though, isn't that the point of track and trace - so you can see where it's sitting and what processing facility its at? Clearly something isn't working properly.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11433
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2627 times
Been liked: 2780 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Douglas Mawson, Google Adsense [Bot] and 20 guests