Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 15, 2020 12:10 pm

Booney wrote:Time to get restaurants, cafes and pubs back up and running.

We've upped our health network, we've got 1 active case we know of, there's no vaccine anytime soon, let's keep our borders shut tight, maintain the 14 day quarantine period for those arriving into SA and let's get back on with it.

We've done an exceptional job of stopping this thing in it's tracks in SA, time to take our lives back.



Gonna be weird at the pubs now, I wonder if they stop patrons sitting at the bar?

I'm not sure that I'd continue to go, I have a spot where I always sit, if someone's there they generally if I rock up.

It's not going to be a big deal for me though now as I've become accustomed to not going there and I only used to go on a Saturday and maybe once a week after work, noticing the difference financially has certainly changed my mind on a lot of things.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39909
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2870 times
Been liked: 5083 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Fri May 15, 2020 12:20 pm

Booney wrote:Time to get restaurants, cafes and pubs back up and running.

We've upped our health network, we've got 1 active case we know of, there's no vaccine anytime soon, let's keep our borders shut tight, maintain the 14 day quarantine period for those arriving into SA and let's get back on with it.

We've done an exceptional job of stopping this thing in it's tracks in SA, time to take our lives back.


Yep couldn't agree more.

Sadly though i dont see chief medical officer promoting and advocating for that as quick as we would like.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20778
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3339 times
Been liked: 1388 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby JK » Fri May 15, 2020 12:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Gonna be weird at the pubs now, I wonder if they stop patrons sitting at the bar?

I'm not sure that I'd continue to go, I have a spot where I always sit, if someone's there they generally if I rock up.

It's not going to be a big deal for me though now as I've become accustomed to not going there and I only used to go on a Saturday and maybe once a week after work, noticing the difference financially has certainly changed my mind on a lot of things.


I've been saying to a few people who remarked that the pubs will be overflowing when things get back to normal - Maybe initially, but you'd think a lot of people a) have noticed the affordability of home drinking, b) affordability of laying off the Pokies and c) will either have less $$ reserves or be more cautious with what they spend.

Im sure there'll be a honeymoon period, but give it 2-4 weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if turnover is down on what it was say 4 months ago.
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35210
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3189 times
Been liked: 2259 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Fri May 15, 2020 12:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Time to get restaurants, cafes and pubs back up and running.

We've upped our health network, we've got 1 active case we know of, there's no vaccine anytime soon, let's keep our borders shut tight, maintain the 14 day quarantine period for those arriving into SA and let's get back on with it.

We've done an exceptional job of stopping this thing in it's tracks in SA, time to take our lives back.



Gonna be weird at the pubs now, I wonder if they stop patrons sitting at the bar?

I'm not sure that I'd continue to go, I have a spot where I always sit, if someone's there they generally if I rock up.

It's not going to be a big deal for me though now as I've become accustomed to not going there and I only used to go on a Saturday and maybe once a week after work, noticing the difference financially has certainly changed my mind on a lot of things.


Its massive isnt it.

We have eaten taken away a couple of times in the last fortnight after going a year without it.

On both occasions i was kicking myself afterwards, the food was 'ok', cost over $50 each time and all for what, to save me 15 minutes in the kitchen in which i generally play a bit of music and zone out anyway.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20778
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3339 times
Been liked: 1388 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Fri May 15, 2020 12:25 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Gonna be weird at the pubs now, I wonder if they stop patrons sitting at the bar?

I'm not sure that I'd continue to go, I have a spot where I always sit, if someone's there they generally if I rock up.

It's not going to be a big deal for me though now as I've become accustomed to not going there and I only used to go on a Saturday and maybe once a week after work, noticing the difference financially has certainly changed my mind on a lot of things.


I've been saying to a few people who remarked that the pubs will be overflowing when things get back to normal - Maybe initially, but you'd think a lot of people a) have noticed the affordability of home drinking, b) affordability of laying off the Pokies and c) will either have less $$ reserves or be more cautious with what they spend.

Im sure there'll be a honeymoon period, but give it 2-4 weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if turnover is down on what it was say 4 months ago.


I think the opposite, I think people will be all "open the pubs open the pubs!" but when they do open they'll be hesitant to rush back and 8-12 weeks later old habits that die hard will be back and we'll be back in the place.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47178
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4808 times
Been liked: 7800 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Fri May 15, 2020 12:29 pm

I reckon Clubs will be packed and see record numbers. The 18-25 age group being the least affected and the least 'scared' of the consequences of the virus.

Pubs to be about the same, probably a drop off in older adults at the pub but made up by tradies 25-35 year olds who are craving to get back and haven't had the financial implications of lost work etc.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20778
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3339 times
Been liked: 1388 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:32 pm

whufc wrote:I reckon Clubs will be packed and see record numbers. The 18-25 age group being the least affected and the least 'scared' of the consequences of the virus.

Pubs to be about the same, probably a drop off in older adults at the pub but made up by tradies 25-35 year olds who are craving to get back and haven't had the financial implications of lost work etc.
Will be strict rules on how many are allowed on the premises plus table service only for 6 months IMO
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41229
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2611 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Pag » Fri May 15, 2020 12:34 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Time to get restaurants, cafes and pubs back up and running.

We've upped our health network, we've got 1 active case we know of, there's no vaccine anytime soon, let's keep our borders shut tight, maintain the 14 day quarantine period for those arriving into SA and let's get back on with it.

We've done an exceptional job of stopping this thing in it's tracks in SA, time to take our lives back.



Gonna be weird at the pubs now, I wonder if they stop patrons sitting at the bar?

I'm not sure that I'd continue to go, I have a spot where I always sit, if someone's there they generally if I rock up.

It's not going to be a big deal for me though now as I've become accustomed to not going there and I only used to go on a Saturday and maybe once a week after work, noticing the difference financially has certainly changed my mind on a lot of things.


Its massive isnt it.

We have eaten taken away a couple of times in the last fortnight after going a year without it.

On both occasions i was kicking myself afterwards, the food was 'ok', cost over $50 each time and all for what, to save me 15 minutes in the kitchen in which i generally play a bit of music and zone out anyway.

Mate you have Indii up your way. I'd never cook on a Friday nigh if that joint was within 5-10kms. :heart:
User avatar
Pag
Coach
 
Posts: 5162
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:57 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 420 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby JK » Fri May 15, 2020 12:35 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Gonna be weird at the pubs now, I wonder if they stop patrons sitting at the bar?

I'm not sure that I'd continue to go, I have a spot where I always sit, if someone's there they generally if I rock up.

It's not going to be a big deal for me though now as I've become accustomed to not going there and I only used to go on a Saturday and maybe once a week after work, noticing the difference financially has certainly changed my mind on a lot of things.


I've been saying to a few people who remarked that the pubs will be overflowing when things get back to normal - Maybe initially, but you'd think a lot of people a) have noticed the affordability of home drinking, b) affordability of laying off the Pokies and c) will either have less $$ reserves or be more cautious with what they spend.

Im sure there'll be a honeymoon period, but give it 2-4 weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if turnover is down on what it was say 4 months ago.


I think the opposite, I think people will be all "open the pubs open the pubs!" but when they do open they'll be hesitant to rush back and 8-12 weeks later old habits that die hard will be back and we'll be back in the place.


LOL yeah that's very plausible too (albeit completely contrary to my thoughts). Would be interesting to run a straw poll on SAFooty users - If the pubs were to re-open next week, who'd go and who'd wait?
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35210
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 3189 times
Been liked: 2259 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Pseudo » Fri May 15, 2020 12:35 pm

Booney wrote:I think the opposite, I think people will be all "open the pubs open the pubs!" but when they do open they'll be hesitant to rush back .....

Speak for yourself! I say bring it on.... :partyman:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10300
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1027 times
Grassroots Team: Morningside

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Pseudo » Fri May 15, 2020 12:36 pm

JK wrote: Would be interesting to run a straw poll on SAFooty users - If the pubs were to re-open next week, who'd go and who'd wait?

Putting on my bells right now.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10300
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1027 times
Grassroots Team: Morningside

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Pag » Fri May 15, 2020 12:37 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Gonna be weird at the pubs now, I wonder if they stop patrons sitting at the bar?

I'm not sure that I'd continue to go, I have a spot where I always sit, if someone's there they generally if I rock up.

It's not going to be a big deal for me though now as I've become accustomed to not going there and I only used to go on a Saturday and maybe once a week after work, noticing the difference financially has certainly changed my mind on a lot of things.


I've been saying to a few people who remarked that the pubs will be overflowing when things get back to normal - Maybe initially, but you'd think a lot of people a) have noticed the affordability of home drinking, b) affordability of laying off the Pokies and c) will either have less $$ reserves or be more cautious with what they spend.

Im sure there'll be a honeymoon period, but give it 2-4 weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if turnover is down on what it was say 4 months ago.


I think the opposite, I think people will be all "open the pubs open the pubs!" but when they do open they'll be hesitant to rush back and 8-12 weeks later old habits that die hard will be back and we'll be back in the place.


LOL yeah that's very plausible too (albeit completely contrary to my thoughts). Would be interesting to run a straw poll on SAFooty users - If the pubs were to re-open next week, who'd go and who'd wait?

I'd like to go, but wouldn't be keen to line up to get into the front bar of the Grove if they can only have 10 people inside.
User avatar
Pag
Coach
 
Posts: 5162
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:57 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 420 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby locky801 » Fri May 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:I reckon Clubs will be packed and see record numbers. The 18-25 age group being the least affected and the least 'scared' of the consequences of the virus.

Pubs to be about the same, probably a drop off in older adults at the pub but made up by tradies 25-35 year olds who are craving to get back and haven't had the financial implications of lost work etc.
Will be strict rules on how many are allowed on the premises plus table service only for 6 months IMO


you are on the money there Jim, i have heard that from a few in the game that is exactly what is going to occur, there will be no standing at the bar etc allowed and only table service
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42851
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1267 times
Been liked: 567 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Fri May 15, 2020 12:40 pm

Pag wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Time to get restaurants, cafes and pubs back up and running.

We've upped our health network, we've got 1 active case we know of, there's no vaccine anytime soon, let's keep our borders shut tight, maintain the 14 day quarantine period for those arriving into SA and let's get back on with it.

We've done an exceptional job of stopping this thing in it's tracks in SA, time to take our lives back.



Gonna be weird at the pubs now, I wonder if they stop patrons sitting at the bar?

I'm not sure that I'd continue to go, I have a spot where I always sit, if someone's there they generally if I rock up.

It's not going to be a big deal for me though now as I've become accustomed to not going there and I only used to go on a Saturday and maybe once a week after work, noticing the difference financially has certainly changed my mind on a lot of things.


Its massive isnt it.

We have eaten taken away a couple of times in the last fortnight after going a year without it.

On both occasions i was kicking myself afterwards, the food was 'ok', cost over $50 each time and all for what, to save me 15 minutes in the kitchen in which i generally play a bit of music and zone out anyway.

Mate you have Indii up your way. I'd never cook on a Friday nigh if that joint was within 5-10kms. :heart:


Indii is absolutely amazing!

I had the chance to get in the kitchen and have a curry lesson with the head chef

Was a great experience and improved my home made curries 100%
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20778
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3339 times
Been liked: 1388 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Pag » Fri May 15, 2020 12:42 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:
JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Gonna be weird at the pubs now, I wonder if they stop patrons sitting at the bar?

I'm not sure that I'd continue to go, I have a spot where I always sit, if someone's there they generally if I rock up.

It's not going to be a big deal for me though now as I've become accustomed to not going there and I only used to go on a Saturday and maybe once a week after work, noticing the difference financially has certainly changed my mind on a lot of things.


I've been saying to a few people who remarked that the pubs will be overflowing when things get back to normal - Maybe initially, but you'd think a lot of people a) have noticed the affordability of home drinking, b) affordability of laying off the Pokies and c) will either have less $$ reserves or be more cautious with what they spend.

Im sure there'll be a honeymoon period, but give it 2-4 weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if turnover is down on what it was say 4 months ago.


I think the opposite, I think people will be all "open the pubs open the pubs!" but when they do open they'll be hesitant to rush back and 8-12 weeks later old habits that die hard will be back and we'll be back in the place.


LOL yeah that's very plausible too (albeit completely contrary to my thoughts). Would be interesting to run a straw poll on SAFooty users - If the pubs were to re-open next week, who'd go and who'd wait?

I'd like to go, but wouldn't be keen to line up to get into the front bar of the Grove if they can only have 10 people inside.
User avatar
Pag
Coach
 
Posts: 5162
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:57 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 420 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Fri May 15, 2020 12:44 pm

I'll be there, maybe not day 1 but I'll be there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47178
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4808 times
Been liked: 7800 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 15, 2020 12:52 pm

whufc wrote:
Its massive isnt it.

We have eaten taken away a couple of times in the last fortnight after going a year without it.

On both occasions i was kicking myself afterwards, the food was 'ok', cost over $50 each time and all for what, to save me 15 minutes in the kitchen in which i generally play a bit of music and zone out anyway.

We never buy takeaway, we'll dine out (well used to) just for something different but then think we could've made whatever we ate just as good for a quarter of the price.

I've used this time to change some habits and clear out some dumb shit debt that has just lurked about, most is now cleared and I wont be losing little bits here and there each month now, I no longer drink during the week and that's going to stay too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39909
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2870 times
Been liked: 5083 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Corona Man » Fri May 15, 2020 12:56 pm

On the way back from seeing a customer this morning, I stopped into to a hipster kind of joint (It's Malbin after all) in Northcote for a take-away coffee & Anzac biscuit. Chatting to the owner about when they can re-open the dining part of the joint. Talk over here is limited to 10 patrons (regardless of size of function area etc) and the bloke was saying to open up for just 10 patrons is line ball on profitability..... unless they can "market" it to groups as a function, they stay all night & get well & truly hammered..... I think a market exists for this, was my reply!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9088
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 875 times
Been liked: 2373 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Booney wrote:I'll be there, maybe not day 1 but I'll be there.


I probably will break my weekday sobriety on day 1 just to catch up with the regulars who I haven't seen for a while and to find out what's going on with our punters club now.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39909
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2870 times
Been liked: 5083 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Spargo » Fri May 15, 2020 12:59 pm

I drive past the Seacliff every night and find myself whispering “see you soon, girl”.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11611
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 3281 times
Been liked: 3450 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lightning McQueen and 10 guests