Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Sun May 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
locky801 wrote:Talk of Pubs and Clubs reopening in Victoria on June 1, presume under the same ambit as NSW if thats the case
20 person limit and only alcohol with a meal. Will also need to supply name and phone number to enter


"I'll have a bowl of chips ... and four pints of lager please."
No doubt some will try and flaunt the rules but only the dining section is open and front bars will stay closed for the immediate future. You will be seated at tables in groups of 4 I believe and can only order drinks via the the waiter for table service. With the small numbers permitted I’d assume you would be moved on hastily (perhaps a time limit) after your meal has been consumed to allow the next group in
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41238
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2611 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby RB » Sun May 17, 2020 1:27 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Ah but with Corona its easy, its all about stats and fear. There is plenty of doctors and nurses out there that have said the amount of deaths is no where near what the media is projecting. I'm not sure what your point is here. I would've thought the amount of deaths so far is significant, and it's easy to see how the numbers could be even greater without a strong response by comparing the situations between different countries.
Death certificates have been changed to reflect Covid19 as the cause of death. Your evidence of this?
These claims are dismissed by the general population as not coming from MSM and therefore are not true.
If this site is an example of the rest of the population then 95% swallows what is fed to them by MSM. As opposed to swallowing what is fed to them by the 'alternative media'? Again, skepticism is healthy, but it's about comparing the evidence presented in various media sources.
Anything contrary to popular belief is dismissed by the average joe blo on behalf of the so called experts and the "cover up" is done for them. This is a matter of evidence, rather than belief, and the 'so called experts', being virologists, epidemiologists, health authorities etc. are in a significantly better position to provide credible evidence than those who haven't had the opportunity to study the spread of infectious diseases. Again, what is your evidence of a 'cover up'?
Now i dont profess to know why and who benefits from this. Safe to say there is some individuals are governments getting rich real quick and lots of countries being brought to their knees. Money is the root of all evil. Governments want control. I agree that there probably are people making money from this. And that some opportunistic governments - perhaps even our own - may attempt to leverage this situation to bring in measures diminishing civil liberties. Again, this is no evidence of a conspiracy or hoax.
I dont think for a minute our government has been complicit in it nor most of the governments in the world. Some may take advantage of it though.

I think in general we have been far too conservative in our approach to getting back our lives. We live on an island, if we had of shut the international flights earlier we potentially couldve escaped unscathed. Agreed. Our governments probably have made some mistakes, although I think it's fair to say we've done reasonably well compared to other nations. And we do need to balance public health considerations with the social and economic impacts of restrictions. However, once again, being cautious - or even overly cautious - in our approach to getting back to normal is no evidence of a hoax or that the threat posed by the coronavirus is overestimated.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
Veteran
 
Posts: 3653
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 522 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby tigerpie » Sun May 17, 2020 1:39 pm

RB wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Ah but with Corona its easy, its all about stats and fear. There is plenty of doctors and nurses out there that have said the amount of deaths is no where near what the media is projecting. I'm not sure what your point is here. I would've thought the amount of deaths so far is significant, and it's easy to see how the numbers could be even greater without a strong response by comparing the situations between different countries.
Death certificates have been changed to reflect Covid19 as the cause of death. Your evidence of this?
These claims are dismissed by the general population as not coming from MSM and therefore are not true.
If this site is an example of the rest of the population then 95% swallows what is fed to them by MSM. As opposed to swallowing what is fed to them by the 'alternative media'? Again, skepticism is healthy, but it's about comparing the evidence presented in various media sources.
Anything contrary to popular belief is dismissed by the average joe blo on behalf of the so called experts and the "cover up" is done for them. This is a matter of evidence, rather than belief, and the 'so called experts', being virologists, epidemiologists, health authorities etc. are in a significantly better position to provide credible evidence than those who haven't had the opportunity to study the spread of infectious diseases. Again, what is your evidence of a 'cover up'?
Now i dont profess to know why and who benefits from this. Safe to say there is some individuals are governments getting rich real quick and lots of countries being brought to their knees. Money is the root of all evil. Governments want control. I agree that there probably are people making money from this. And that some opportunistic governments - perhaps even our own - may attempt to leverage this situation to bring in measures diminishing civil liberties. Again, this is no evidence of a conspiracy or hoax.
I dont think for a minute our government has been complicit in it nor most of the governments in the world. Some may take advantage of it though.

I think in general we have been far too conservative in our approach to getting back our lives. We live on an island, if we had of shut the international flights earlier we potentially couldve escaped unscathed. Agreed. Our governments probably have made some mistakes, although I think it's fair to say we've done reasonably well compared to other nations. And we do need to balance public health considerations with the social and economic impacts of restrictions. However, once again, being cautious - or even overly cautious - in our approach to getting back to normal is no evidence of a hoax or that the threat posed by the coronavirus is overestimated.

Great reply RB.
But even with rock solid concrete evidence, some people you just can't reach with common sense.
tigerpie
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2367
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:41 pm

New cases in NSW.


Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 47569
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8490 times
Been liked: 2342 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Magellan » Sun May 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:
Q. wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Question everything.

Good advice. Perhaps you should start with yourself.

There you go I gotch ya thinking and questioning everything.
Well done BRAVO.

This isn’t an argument.... this is just contradiction.

Aren't they the same thing? ;)

"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Magellan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5040
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:04 pm
Has liked: 493 times
Been liked: 1250 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby stan » Mon May 18, 2020 2:33 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
RB wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Question everything.


Agreed.

I would have thought though that on what is largely a scientific issue, the best means by which to reach an understanding of reality would be to consider the consensus amongst virologists, epidemiologists etc.

And that those who lack scientific credentials would attract the most scrutiny.

By all means read 'alternative' websites and non-'mainstream' media'. Some conspiracy theories have turned out to be more or less correct. Skepticism is healthy.

But where somebody makes a claim that the vast majority of experts on a matter are wrong, the first thing I would 'question' is whether there is any evidence for such a claim.

The question is: have any of the websites you've browsed provided any evidence that this is all a hoax?

The other thing about conspiracy theories: the more people and organisations said to be involved, the harder it would be to pull it off and thus the more implausible.

The Moon Landing hoax theory is a great example. It's often noted that given the sheer number of scientists, technicians, officials, clerks, servicemen, broadcasters, politicians, and different agencies across the world that would have to be complicit in such a conspiracy, with absolutely no leaks, it was actually easier to get to the moon than it would have been to stage it in a studio.

With the coronavirus, a staggeringly enormous number of officials, doctors, nurses, politicians, journalists, public servants, you name it would have to be involved. With not one single leak to reveal what's going on.

I mean how many people do you think are involved with this?

Yes, questioning everything is the way to go.

How do we question everything? We start by looking at the evidence.


Ah but with Corona its easy, its all about stats and fear. There is plenty of doctors and nurses out there that have said the amount of deaths is no where near what the media is projecting. Death certificates have been changed to reflect Covid19 as the cause of death. These claims are dismissed by the general population as not coming from MSM and therefore are not true.
If this site is an example of the rest of the population then 95% swallows what is fed to them by MSM. Anything contrary to popular belief is dismissed by the average joe blo on behalf of the so called experts and the "cover up" is done for them.
Now i dont profess to know why and who benefits from this. Safe to say there is some individuals are governments getting rich real quick and lots of countries being brought to their knees. Money is the root of all evil. Governments want control.
I dont think for a minute our government has been complicit in it nor most of the governments in the world. Some may take advantage of it though.

I think in general we have been far too conservative in our approach to getting back our lives. We live on an island, if we had of shut the international flights earlier we potentially couldve escaped unscathed.

On a side note im told it is unconstitutional to make anyone have a vaccine. Im no antivaxer, ive had the flu shot once and never had flu related illnesses as bad as i did that year. I will not be having it again nor any carona flu shot.
I see what you are saying in regards to the death certificates, the best example I have come across are some medical staff discussing how they are been pressured to put covid on most death certificates in New York.

I think I said earlier this was more of a political thing that anything else. I.e the Dems New York vs Trump. I guess they are trying to inflate the deaths to put pressure of the government. Well that's my guess, these Americans are crazy at times and Blue vs Red, wouldn't surprise me.

I find the debate about this fairly interesting, I do believe we need to open things up a bit more in SA, WA, QLD, NT, Tas and the ACT but keep the Vic and NSW closed for a bit longer.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12400
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Mon May 18, 2020 2:44 pm

The bit im majorly confused about is this 'scare' campaign around the 'second wave'

I just dont get how we can have a second wave unless someone brings this into the state. The fact we havent had a new case in almost 6 weeks suggest current border measures are doing a bloody good job.

What confused me more was the person on the news was comparing the second wave based on the spanish flu numbers. My immediate thought was that did they get down to zero cases before the second wave emerged and did they have some form of social distancing procedures in place back then. I honestly dont know the answer to that.

I just cant buy into the lingering Asymptomatic issue that keeps getting spoken about. Whilst i understand people can be asympotimatic i just cant buy into it that these people are running around affecting other people yet not one person has then gone to the doctor and test positive in 5 weeks.

This 99.9% isn't the case but it almost feels like the second wave aspect is just the medical industry 'hanging on' to their time in the sun.

Im the first to admit ive always been slightly inpatient, and im happy to admit SA and the health department have done a great job, i just dont understand alot of what is happening at this point.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20780
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3339 times
Been liked: 1388 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 18, 2020 2:51 pm

I've had the feeling Marshall has been preparing us for worst case situations but will deliver above and ahead of timeframes particularly around the restrictions lifting.

I'm getting impatient now also, and everyday that ticks by with zero cases the more impatient I get haha.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11442
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2627 times
Been liked: 2785 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Mon May 18, 2020 2:54 pm

The second wave will come as we return to some sort of normality. We can't keep borders shut forever and we can't stay isolated / at home forever. the virus isn't going anywhere.

The whole "slow the curve" was very well publicised as wanting to push the date of the top of the curve out as far as possible, we needed time to build up the health network to cope with the influx of a new deadly virus. We know what the 'flu numbers are every winter, we know what work place accidents there are every year, we know what traffic accidents there are etc etc, we've got a network to cope with that, we didn't have a network to cope with a highly contagious lethal virus ON TOP of all of that. They needed time.

It's likely we will have thousands more infected, it's likely we'll have hundreds more die, it's just now we have the PPE for the people to look after you in, we have ventilators to help you breathe, we have more ICU beds in the event you become that ill as opposed to laying in the corridor in the hospital.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47210
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4815 times
Been liked: 7806 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Mon May 18, 2020 2:55 pm

The Bedge wrote:I've had the feeling Marshall has been preparing us for worst case situations but will deliver above and ahead of timeframes particularly around the restrictions lifting.

I'm getting impatient now also, and everyday that ticks by with zero cases the more impatient I get haha.


Yeah i did hear on the news that the June lift of restrictions might be even further loosened if we keep up these great results.

Hopefully.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20780
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3339 times
Been liked: 1388 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Mon May 18, 2020 2:57 pm

Booney wrote:The second wave will come as we return to some sort of normality. We can't keep borders shut forever and we can't stay isolated / at home forever. the virus isn't going anywhere.

The whole "slow the curve" was very well publicised as wanting to push the date of the top of the curve out as far as possible, we needed time to build up the health network to cope with the influx of a new deadly virus. We know what the 'flu numbers are every winter, we know what work place accidents there are every year, we know what traffic accidents there are etc etc, we've got a network to cope with that, we didn't have a network to cope with a highly contagious lethal virus ON TOP of all of that. They needed time.

It's likely we will have thousands more infected, it's likely we'll have hundreds more die, it's just now we have the PPE for the people to look after you in, we have ventilators to help you breathe, we have more ICU beds in the event you become that ill as opposed to laying in the corridor in the hospital.


If we dont open the borders to vic, nsw and queensland until they have zero cases how does the second wave come. As well as keep the 14 day isolation period when entering the state (which i believe will be in place for a lot longer yet)

How is there going to be a second wave when we leave our homes if no one in the state has it? We are still testing over 1000 people per day. Surely at least one person would have tested positive.

I honestly dont get it.
Last edited by whufc on Mon May 18, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20780
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3339 times
Been liked: 1388 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 18, 2020 3:00 pm

The Bedge wrote:I've had the feeling Marshall has been preparing us for worst case situations but will deliver above and ahead of timeframes particularly around the restrictions lifting.

I'm getting impatient now also, and everyday that ticks by with zero cases the more impatient I get haha.

I'm neither here nor there now, I can see the benefits on both sides of the ledger and I'm happy enough for those who get paid to go deep into factual evidence to make the decisions for us.

I'm looking forward to the pubs re-opening (although I think it's going to be anti-climatic as I think you'll no longer be able to sit at the bar) and I look forward to footy at a community level start up.

I reckon I'll have next to zero interest in AFL for 2020.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39932
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2874 times
Been liked: 5092 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 18, 2020 3:01 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:The second wave will come as we return to some sort of normality. We can't keep borders shut forever and we can't stay isolated / at home forever. the virus isn't going anywhere.

The whole "slow the curve" was very well publicised as wanting to push the date of the top of the curve out as far as possible, we needed time to build up the health network to cope with the influx of a new deadly virus. We know what the 'flu numbers are every winter, we know what work place accidents there are every year, we know what traffic accidents there are etc etc, we've got a network to cope with that, we didn't have a network to cope with a highly contagious lethal virus ON TOP of all of that. They needed time.

It's likely we will have thousands more infected, it's likely we'll have hundreds more die, it's just now we have the PPE for the people to look after you in, we have ventilators to help you breathe, we have more ICU beds in the event you become that ill as opposed to laying in the corridor in the hospital.


If we dont open the borders to vic, nsw and queensland until they have zero cases how does the second wave come. As well as keep the 14 day isolation period when entering the state (which i believe will be in place for a lot longer yet)

How is there going to be a second wave when we leave our homes if no one in the state has it? We are still testing over 1000 people per day. Surely at least one person would have tested positive.

I honestly dont get it.


Leave them shut as far as I'm concerned, wait til they sort their own backyards out.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39932
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2874 times
Been liked: 5092 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Mon May 18, 2020 3:03 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:The second wave will come as we return to some sort of normality. We can't keep borders shut forever and we can't stay isolated / at home forever. the virus isn't going anywhere.

The whole "slow the curve" was very well publicised as wanting to push the date of the top of the curve out as far as possible, we needed time to build up the health network to cope with the influx of a new deadly virus. We know what the 'flu numbers are every winter, we know what work place accidents there are every year, we know what traffic accidents there are etc etc, we've got a network to cope with that, we didn't have a network to cope with a highly contagious lethal virus ON TOP of all of that. They needed time.

It's likely we will have thousands more infected, it's likely we'll have hundreds more die, it's just now we have the PPE for the people to look after you in, we have ventilators to help you breathe, we have more ICU beds in the event you become that ill as opposed to laying in the corridor in the hospital.


If we dont open the borders to vic, nsw and queensland until they have zero cases how does the second wave come. As well as keep the 14 day isolation period when entering the state (which i believe will be in place for a lot longer yet)

How is there going to be a second wave when we leave our homes if no one in the state has it? We are still testing over 1000 people per day. Surely at least one person would have tested positive.

I honestly dont get it.


I can't help you then.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47210
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4815 times
Been liked: 7806 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Mon May 18, 2020 3:07 pm

Are we seriously running scared people in SA still have it but are refusing to go to doctors and be tested.

I read on facebook (take with a pinch of salt) that we have done over 50k tests since our last positive.

I get people can bring it in from interstate but the fact we are at zero active cases says the measurements the government have taken to secure the borders are proving to be extremely successful and im sure these measurements will continue for a fair while yet. (eg until other states have shown zero cases for a couple of cycles)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20780
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3339 times
Been liked: 1388 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 18, 2020 3:10 pm

Yeah i'm kind of with whuffer.. no active cases, 1 case in a month.. what is to be gained from continuing life the way it is now until xx date?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11442
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2627 times
Been liked: 2785 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Mon May 18, 2020 3:17 pm

The Bedge wrote:Yeah i'm kind of with whuffer.. no active cases, 1 case in a month.. what is to be gained from continuing life the way it is now until xx date?


If Clare is anything to go by everyone has gone back to going out and doing what they need anyway.....main street was absolutely packed on the weekend and even busier today.

The caravan park looks to have a fair few back as well.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20780
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3339 times
Been liked: 1388 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 18, 2020 3:18 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Yeah i'm kind of with whuffer.. no active cases, 1 case in a month.. what is to be gained from continuing life the way it is now until xx date?


If Clare is anything to go by everyone has gone back to going out and doing what they need anyway.....main street was absolutely packed on the weekend and even busier today.

The caravan park looks to have a fair few back as well.



Speaking of Clare, well sort of, have you got any recommendations for this joint?

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/2377470 ... 1&adults=1
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 39932
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2874 times
Been liked: 5092 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:19 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Yeah i'm kind of with whuffer.. no active cases, 1 case in a month.. what is to be gained from continuing life the way it is now until xx date?


If Clare is anything to go by everyone has gone back to going out and doing what they need anyway.....main street was absolutely packed on the weekend and even busier today.

The caravan park looks to have a fair few back as well.
Was up there yesterday for a drive and the place was packed
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41238
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2611 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby whufc » Mon May 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Yeah i'm kind of with whuffer.. no active cases, 1 case in a month.. what is to be gained from continuing life the way it is now until xx date?


If Clare is anything to go by everyone has gone back to going out and doing what they need anyway.....main street was absolutely packed on the weekend and even busier today.

The caravan park looks to have a fair few back as well.



Speaking of Clare, well sort of, have you got any recommendations for this joint?

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/2377470 ... 1&adults=1


Never been in there but do know the place.

Mintaro is a cool living/working heritage town 15 minutes south east of Clare.

If its just you and the misses would be a perfect little get away. There are a heap of wineries and brewiers near by. A nice little pub Magpie & Stump across the road.

Lots of tourists love the Martindale Hall which is just down the road, not really my thing but was ok to look at.

Only advice i would say is you may struggle to get taxi's etc if you are both going to be drinking and i wouldnt be risking drink driving if you are coming into Clare. Its the biggest hot spot for booze buses.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20780
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3339 times
Been liked: 1388 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests