Food, Glorious Food

Anything!

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Bandit » Mon May 18, 2020 12:17 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Bandit wrote:Also seen some people using filing cabinets on youtube... next project i think.

Yell out if you need a filing cabinet, I’ve got a 3 drawer in excellent condition just taking up room you can have.

Back of the truck??

Still got the govt classified docs inside :D
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Shed
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Booney » Mon May 18, 2020 12:35 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:How much was your thermometer?

I haven't got one yet, just relying on feel atm before going full scale.

There's no point in me having one for the sake of it and not getting the best out of it.


That one I posted, at Bunno's, $25

Probe in the cooker, sensor in your pocket at you potter around.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48556
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5131 times
Been liked: 8078 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Booney » Mon May 18, 2020 12:36 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:it took me a while to work it out and even then it was only on Saturday I worked out that I only needed 4 firelighters.

I used to place them randomly throughout the heat beads in the chimney, now I scrunch 4 into some newspaper to put under the chimney for the same result, probably better as it's a less aggressive burn to begin with.

You’d easily get away with 2 firelighters both broken in half .

You like to live dangerously?

I used to use half a bloody packet.


Those Redhead one's I posted are rippers, firelighters and matches all in one. Put two on the ground ( I put them on an old paver ), strike one on the box and light all three, chimney on top.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48556
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5131 times
Been liked: 8078 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 18, 2020 1:08 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:How much was your thermometer?

I haven't got one yet, just relying on feel atm before going full scale.

There's no point in me having one for the sake of it and not getting the best out of it.


That one I posted, at Bunno's, $25

Probe in the cooker, sensor in your pocket at you potter around.

Awesome, cheers.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 41158
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 5332 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 18, 2020 8:07 pm

Image

Cheap ribs at Speciality Foods Thebarton this week
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35806
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 2510 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:03 pm

Apple Pies

An extensive recipe, so please please bear with me folks.

Ingredients

Puff pastry
Can of Apple Pie mixture

Cut circles for base and top

Place bases on the KMart Pie Maker 4 spaces available.
Fill with apple mixture
Add cinnamon.

Place the top circles.

With leftover pastry roll up into silly shapes to place on top of pie.

Close the lid.

8-10mins.

Bingo.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 48408
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8906 times
Been liked: 2452 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 19, 2020 9:19 am

Brodlach wrote:Image

Cheap ribs at Speciality Foods Thebarton this week


Yeah mate, thery're pretty good, I still have some from last special but will probably top up some more.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 41158
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 5332 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 19, 2020 9:26 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Apple Pies

An extensive recipe, so please please bear with me folks.

Ingredients

Puff pastry
Can of Apple Pie mixture

Cut circles for base and top

Place bases on the KMart Pie Maker 4 spaces available.
Fill with apple mixture
Add cinnamon.

Place the top circles.

With leftover pastry roll up into silly shapes to place on top of pie.

Close the lid.

8-10mins.

Bingo.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


Them K-Mart pie makers are the bomb, we often just chuck our in leftovers with some gravy and make pies out of them or just make flavoured pies for the fun of it.

So far the biggest hits:
Taco seasoning pies
Thai Green Chicken Curry
Satay chicken

Any leftover pasta dishes do the trick too.

Eat leftover bits of pastry.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 41158
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 5332 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:27 am

Now Kmart allegedly have sausage roll makers

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 48408
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8906 times
Been liked: 2452 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 19, 2020 9:39 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Now Kmart allegedly have sausage roll makers

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hmmm, I am the master of them.

I soak 4 or 5 slices of bread then wring them out, break them up and place in my mixture, adding grated cheese, carrot and onion along the way, two eggs, a bit worcestershire and bbq sauce, superb.

Having something to cook them in to keep their shape and speed the process up would make life easier.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 41158
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 5332 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 19, 2020 10:28 am

Only one place I get my Apple Pies, if you know Hahndorf you know where this is -

Image
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 40098
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1390 times
Been liked: 2216 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:37 am

My baking effort a couple of weekends ago. Sausage rolls, Cornish pasty rolls and Pepper steak pies.
Image
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 42079
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1099 times
Been liked: 2687 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Booney » Tue May 19, 2020 10:50 am

Dutchy wrote:Only one place I get my Apple Pies, if you know Hahndorf you know where this is -



We went up to Lenswood weekend before last and bought up a heap from a family we know up there, about to munch on one for smoko now!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48556
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5131 times
Been liked: 8078 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby whufc » Thu May 21, 2020 8:03 pm

Going to have a crack this weekend at a tomahawk steak cooked caveman.

Will be my first crack caveman style.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21028
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3455 times
Been liked: 1454 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Bandit » Thu May 21, 2020 8:34 pm

whufc wrote:Going to have a crack this weekend at a tomahawk steak cooked caveman.

Will be my first crack caveman style.

Had to google caveman style and wow you've got balls throwing a steak like that on the fire!!! Good luck!
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Shed
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Spargo » Fri May 22, 2020 9:43 am

This weekend’s cooking list;
Slow cooker Texas smoked beef brisket
Sticky oven baked BBQ ribs
Beef & Guinness stew
Chocolate caramel slice
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12151
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 3496 times
Been liked: 3677 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Corona Man » Fri May 22, 2020 9:45 am

Spargo wrote:This weekend’s cooking list;
Slow cooker Texas smoked beef brisket
Sticky oven baked BBQ ribs
Beef & Guinness stew
Chocolate caramel slice

What time do you want me to arrive..... will bring a box of MB if you like!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9744
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 960 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby whufc » Fri May 22, 2020 9:53 am

Bandit wrote:
whufc wrote:Going to have a crack this weekend at a tomahawk steak cooked caveman.

Will be my first crack caveman style.

Had to google caveman style and wow you've got balls throwing a steak like that on the fire!!! Good luck!


Not sure if its going to make much of a difference but im aiming to have the coals at a heat that would be 250 degree Celsius if i had the lid on. At least that way i will have some form of ball park figure for timing purposes in the future.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21028
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3455 times
Been liked: 1454 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 22, 2020 9:58 am

whufc wrote:
Bandit wrote:
whufc wrote:Going to have a crack this weekend at a tomahawk steak cooked caveman.

Will be my first crack caveman style.

Had to google caveman style and wow you've got balls throwing a steak like that on the fire!!! Good luck!


Not sure if its going to make much of a difference but im aiming to have the coals at a heat that would be 250 degree Celsius if i had the lid on. At least that way i will have some form of ball park figure for timing purposes in the future.

I wouldn't f*** around with a tomahawk just quietly, I treat mine with the utmost respect and care.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 41158
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 5332 times

Re: Food, Glorious Food

Postby Booney » Fri May 22, 2020 10:00 am

Gutsy, what's the back up plan?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48556
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5131 times
Been liked: 8078 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests