All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL 2024

Postby Mic » Mon May 13, 2024 9:57 pm

Booney wrote:
saintal wrote:
another grub wrote:Worst start to a season in 154 years in the
@SANFL
by Port #Adelaide

Not a single post/mention on their facebook page of Saturday's game v North match before, during or after. Doing their best to bury the "Magpies" further.

Bollocks. Pre game information on a Facebook post and a match review on the website.

Incredible coverage from a club that that likely has a full-time marketing manager.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby southernbulldog » Mon May 13, 2024 10:12 pm

Be interesting to see if Madgen from the Crows has to follow the 21 day concussion protocol
he is not on their AFL list so he should .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 246 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby mots02 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:22 am

Vamos wrote:
saintal wrote:
Booney wrote:
saintal wrote:
Not a single post/mention on their facebook page of Saturday's game v North match before, during or after. Doing their best to bury the "Magpies" further.

Bollocks. Pre game information on a Facebook post and a match review on the website.

You're right, there was a promo post for the game, I didn't scroll back far enough. But if you feel that's adequate coverage, well fair enough...

I don't have FB and even if I did I wouldn’t visit other clubs pages I don't support, but out of interest, how much coverage did South's Ressies get?

More than the Maggies get on their club page.

South managed to find time to put up a pre and post game post for their Ressies.

As well as posts for their womens teams, U16 and U18 teams, league and reserves men. You know, one club, promoting the whole club kinda stuff.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 898 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby mots02 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:27 am

On a side note, its kinda sad that lots of port blokes are seemingly happy to simultaneously bang on about history, one club, bring back the bars, 100 billion premierships, real club etc and then dismiss the lack of outward promotion from their own club for said history, bars, premierships, real club-ness as 'their just our ressies now'.

Even sadder that the apparent soul-less and homeless corporation down the road managed to provide better coverage of their 'ressies'.
mots02
League - Top 5

Postby Vamos » Tue May 14, 2024 8:43 am

:lol: I find it hilarious the obsession with PAFC from people who don't even support them, hate them even :lol:
Last edited by Vamos on Tue May 14, 2024 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 360 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby MJP1993 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:46 am

mots02 wrote:On a side note, its kinda sad that lots of port blokes are seemingly happy to simultaneously bang on about history, one club, bring back the bars, 100 billion premierships, real club etc and then dismiss the lack of outward promotion from their own club for said history, bars, premierships, real club-ness as 'their just our ressies now'.

Even sadder that the apparent soul-less and homeless corporation down the road managed to provide better coverage of their 'ressies'.

Don’t forget they are leaving the SANFL mots02
My experience when my SANFL team plays the AFL seconds rejects top ups whatever they are called . Either club very few AFL fans show up . Mind you Alberton games yes large numbers but say Woodville oval very very few afl fans show up . And so called Port fans that show up run down players in the other team then tell us loudly we will draft that player . Not good port fans they delisted the players the port fan wanted to draft .
And this week I saw a Facebook post feeling sorry the magpies coach not knowing what players he’d get or wouldn’t get surely he’d had known that upon signing up as coach
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 413 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Booney » Tue May 14, 2024 9:06 am

Vamos wrote::lol: I find it hilarious the obsession with PAFC from people who don't even support them, hate them even :lol:

Nothing like someone who doesn't give a f*ck telling someone whose connection runs generations deep how we should look at ourselves.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10815 times

Postby mots02 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:15 am

Booney wrote:
Vamos wrote::lol: I find it hilarious the obsession with PAFC from people who don't even support them, hate them even :lol:

Nothing like someone who doesn't give a f*ck telling someone whose connection runs generations deep how we should look at ourselves.

I actually do give a f*ck about the Magpies and SA footy. Lots of people on here do.

I've been very fortunate over the years to work closely with many amazing Port people and have enormous respect for the club and the role it has played in SA footy. Some of the best people I met in footy came from or worked in the port zone, Bob Clayton, David Hutton, Brian Cunningham, Russell and Don McSweeny.

I think its really sad how the Magpies have been relegated by their own club and own people as 'just the ressies'.... but you seem ok with it and think that I'm wrong, I'm ok with that.
mots02
League - Top 5

Postby another grub » Tue May 14, 2024 10:07 am

need a stand alone SANFL side. with NIL to to with AFL side.
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 440 times

Postby Dogs64 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:30 am

another grub wrote:need a stand alone SANFL side. with NIL to to with AFL side.

They already had that, but the club wanted them gone. Time for both the reserves sides to be gone and some integrity returned to the competition. It was a failed experiment, that most on this site foresaw.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby another grub » Tue May 14, 2024 10:51 am

Could Port Districts come in then or similar OR a new Riverland side?
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 440 times

Postby dedja » Tue May 14, 2024 10:59 am

Ladies & gentlemen, we’re straying into whinge territory, perhaps use the thread designed for this. ;)
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby robranisgod » Tue May 14, 2024 2:13 pm

robranisgod wrote:
robranisgod wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Speaking of betting they may as well pay out already for Snelling on the Magarey Medal
7 games down already with probably 21 votes unless something unforeseen happens
he is the biggest certainty since Winx raced ,

They have only played 5 games, so at most he would have 15 votes. I would be very surprised if he got 3 votes at Prospect in Round 3.. He didn't poll a vote on SANFL Now. He at best got third best on ground from the coaches.
I think that Boyd from Norwood may have nearly as many votes at this stage,

Make of it what you will, but the following are the current leaders for the SANFL Now Player of The Year.:

Boyd 11
Combe 9
Coottee 9
Snelling 9
Rowe 8
Ryan 8
Grant 7
Beecken 5
D'Aloia 5
Allen 4

I may have been one week premature because Snelling is now in front.
Snelling 12
Boyd 11
Rowe 11
Coottee 9
Ryan 9
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 231 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Vamos » Tue May 14, 2024 6:36 pm

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:

I actually do give a f*ck about the Magpies and SA footy. Lots of people on here do.

I've been very fortunate over the years to work closely with many amazing Port people and have enormous respect for the club and the role it has played in SA footy. Some of the best people I met in footy came from or worked in the port zone, Bob Clayton, David Hutton, Brian Cunningham, Russell and Don McSweeny.

I think its really sad how the Magpies have been relegated by their own club and own people as 'just the ressies'.... but you seem ok with it and think that I'm wrong, I'm ok with that.

Mate, like EVERY sporting club in the land, the success of the senior side is priority*, PAFC is no different. Staggering!

*and a good juniors foundation, if applicable.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 360 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Aerie » Tue May 14, 2024 6:41 pm

another grub wrote:Could Port Districts come in then or similar OR a new Riverland side?

I don't think there will be, nor is there a need for more than 8 sides in the SANFL. Each side is well established in their area, both their metro and country zone.

However, if for some reason, the SANFL decided they needed to replace the AFL Ressies sides with 2 more teams, maybe...

1) Port District to fill the hole left by the Port Magpies
2) A north-eastern suburbs team - Golden Grove/TTG/Modbury etc
3) Mt Barker - close to Adelaide, big population still growing and an oval already built
4 & 5) Whyalla & Mt Gambier - SA's two biggest cities outside of Adelaide
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 509 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue May 14, 2024 6:45 pm

Aerie wrote:
another grub wrote:Could Port Districts come in then or similar OR a new Riverland side?

I don't think there will be, nor is there a need for more than 8 sides in the SANFL. Each side is well established in their area, both their metro and country zone.

However, if for some reason, the SANFL decided they needed to replace the AFL Ressies sides with 2 more teams, maybe...

3) Mt Barker - close to Adelaide, big population still growing and an oval already built

8 teams,
21 games,
one at home,
one away,
one in country zone,
final 4,
Perfect scenario.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1671 times
Been liked: 652 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby daysofourlives » Tue May 14, 2024 6:52 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
Aerie wrote:

8 teams,
21 games,
one at home,
one away,
one in country zone,
final 4,
Perfect scenario.

You realise what you just said means 7 games in the country?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue May 14, 2024 6:59 pm

yep.
what's wrong with that.
If too hard to organise, play 7 games at Adelaide oval.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1671 times
Been liked: 652 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby MW » Tue May 14, 2024 7:00 pm

After Crows and Port leave the SANFL, the SANFL will be playing the curtain raiser for the Div1 ammos.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby Spargo » Tue May 14, 2024 7:28 pm

MW wrote:After Crows and Port leave the SANFL, the SANFL will be playing the curtain raiser for the Div1 ammos.

Keep at it, you’ll go blind…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5523 times
Been liked: 5157 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL