2%
Salisbury
16%
St Pauls OS
No votes

Total votes : 44

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby Yank Man » Tue May 21, 2024 7:43 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Reading all that gave me flashbacks to the old Wild West early days of SA Footy!

Yeah, those were the days. You didn’t have to weave your way thru ads, you came on here and dumped on whatever and whoever you wanted, you made wonderful friendships mainly with folk you bantered with and you didn’t have to be too politically correct. I miss those days. :D :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby scottroo » Tue May 21, 2024 10:22 pm

Had some absolute ripper arguments with Morrell back in the day. Wasn’t until I actually met him that I realised he isn’t a bad bloke and we both just love our local clubs. Lots of respect for him these days.
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Down the Hill » Tue May 21, 2024 10:58 pm

A pseudonym and a keyboard can be a dangerous combination for some folk.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 288 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby The Old Fellow » Thu May 23, 2024 3:32 pm

Have heard thru the grape vine (very reliable source) that Hayes was paid over $1k by Nova to get him to front up for Elizabeth last Saturday. As he lasted only 8 minutes that would make him one of the richest players going around on a dollar per minute basis.
But does that put Elizabeth in hot water as that payment from a sponsor (recognised by Elizabeth) is well over what a player can be paid?
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Old Fellow » Thu May 23, 2024 3:32 pm

Have heard thru the grape vine (very reliable source) that Hayes was paid over $1k by Nova to get him to front up for Elizabeth last Saturday. As he lasted only 8 minutes that would make him one of the richest players going around on a dollar per minute basis.
But does that put Elizabeth in hot water as that payment from a sponsor (recognised by Elizabeth) is well over what a player can be paid?
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby wenchbarwer » Thu May 23, 2024 3:42 pm

Doesn't Hayesy work for Nova as a presenter? Why would they be paying him extra?
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu May 23, 2024 3:53 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:Have heard thru the grape vine (very reliable source) that Hayes was paid over $1k by Nova to get him to front up for Elizabeth last Saturday. As he lasted only 8 minutes that would make him one of the richest players going around on a dollar per minute basis.

Even if it was true good luck going through all the investigation process to potentially fine the club for a fraction of the cost.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Sun May 26, 2024 9:43 am

Fair play by Elizabeth yesterday - B grade clearly out of their depth but busted their backsides all day, played the game in the right spirit and took it all in their stride.

A grade result looks heavy, but the Eagles jumped out the blocks early - dominated the midfield of Ingle Farm, high tackle pressure, and had some good leg speed in spots around the ground. Fitness proved to be the biggest killer and they couldn’t sustain the intensity.

With some match fitness I can see them claiming some scalps in the back 9 - in fact could see them being a chance this weekend.

Amazing crowd support also for a club battling - it’s great to see, I know at Ingle Farm when we have been losing (and that’s been a lot) the “faithful” tend to go missing.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4041 times

Postby BulkEFC » Sun May 26, 2024 3:00 pm

The Bedge wrote:Fair play by Elizabeth yesterday - B grade clearly out of their depth but busted their backsides all day, played the game in the right spirit and took it all in their stride.

A grade result looks heavy, but the Eagles jumped out the blocks early - dominated the midfield of Ingle Farm, high tackle pressure, and had some good leg speed in spots around the ground. Fitness proved to be the biggest killer and they couldn’t sustain the intensity.

With some match fitness I can see them claiming some scalps in the back 9 - in fact could see them being a chance this weekend.

Amazing crowd support also for a club battling - it’s great to see, I know at Ingle Farm when we have been losing (and that’s been a lot) the “faithful” tend to go missing.

If you look at the scores on paper you wouldn't get the true picture of the games, yeah your B grade was a class above but the A grade was a better contest than the scoreline suggested.
Ingle farm lads were humble and respectful although happy to take the piss in the last quarter haha
BulkEFC
Mini-League

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby Purple Warrior » Sun May 26, 2024 9:08 pm

Good old central united never change
President sniping blokes and abusing umpires in B grade when they haven’t even scored
A grade captain yellow card for a kick in ruck contest then wanting to fight the crowd
Runner they used has a lifetime ban from adel footy league so not sure he should be out there
Tough hard game (mostly fair) but always ruined by a couple idiots. The kids they have seem ok but a bit out of their depth in A grade but the old heads who should be leading the way are only guiding them the wrong way.
Purple Warrior

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun May 26, 2024 9:14 pm

Deregistered player from the league means they can’t register to play or officiate - unless serving a current suspension don’t believe there is any reason why they can’t be involved in another role.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Mon May 27, 2024 3:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:Deregistered player from the league means they can’t register to play or officiate - unless serving a current suspension don’t believe there is any reason why they can’t be involved in another role.
Isn’t runner an official role?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 27, 2024 4:25 pm

I always thought it was play / coach / umpire. Could be wrong.. rare, but happened once before.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue May 28, 2024 6:06 am

The Bedge wrote:I always thought it was play / coach / umpire. Could be wrong.. rare, but happened once before.

Runner is an official role. Need to put them on team sheet.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 28, 2024 8:43 am

hollywood7477 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I always thought it was play / coach / umpire. Could be wrong.. rare, but happened once before.

Runner is an official role. Need to put them on team sheet.

But you don’t have to register to be a runner, you do as a player or coach.

Anyway, doesn’t bother me, and I’m sure Units would’ve got approval beforehand anyway… if that’s the biggest issue of the day then we really have become a soft and sheltered community.

I’m more concerned with the increase of nit picky and reporting from clubs each weekend - it’s like video has gone from analytical use and stamping out the real shit stuff, to club using it as a weapon to wipe out oppo players almost in spite.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Tue May 28, 2024 9:55 am

Bedge - on the topic of the Dartfish videos. I don't watch much vision of the lower divisions (normally only when people are tagging time points on here about checking out dangerous tackles and other incidents) but it seems alot of the filming is done from the outer side of grounds. I was watching the last minutes of the Kenilworth v Kilburn vision and it was frustrating not knowing the scores because the filming was being done from the scoreboard side of the ground. But what do the coaches prefer? Are they OK with the alternate view that the video provides from the outer or would they prefer the video on the same side of the ground as the coaches box?
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 288 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby whufc » Tue May 28, 2024 10:23 am

Down the Hill wrote:Bedge - on the topic of the Dartfish videos. I don't watch much vision of the lower divisions (normally only when people are tagging time points on here about checking out dangerous tackles and other incidents) but it seems alot of the filming is done from the outer side of grounds. I was watching the last minutes of the Kenilworth v Kilburn vision and it was frustrating not knowing the scores because the filming was being done from the scoreboard side of the ground. But what do the coaches prefer? Are they OK with the alternate view that the video provides from the outer or would they prefer the video on the same side of the ground as the coaches box?

I'm guessing they got sick of the comments/conversations that were coming through from the crowd when they were on the 'grandstand' side.

Was some absolute belter conversations to listen into :lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2541 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 28, 2024 10:41 am

The videographers try and find a higher vantage point where they can - so in the instance of Kilburn, they would've filmed from the actual scoreboard as it's the highest elevated spot, where as Ingle Farm - balcony.

When this isn't possible they plonk themselves on the wing somewhere - opposite side to the coaches benches mean they don't get players standing in front of the camera waiting to get on, or have the game blocked by people standing on the boundary.

As a coach, don't care where they film, so long as they get the film, don't try and be too clever with their zooming and actually follow the ball.

Actually, watched the St Pauls v Houghton game ahead of this weekend, and i really enjoyed the filming - it was almost a behind the goals view.. got a really great look at a down the ground view - zones, ball movement, running patterns etc.

Scores not being on the film don't bother me - that's what the Play AFL app is for.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue May 28, 2024 11:46 am

Salisbury can not lose the flag from here, clear favourites after the first 8 games heading into a week off.. star power across every line, well drilled side and deserve all the credit! Only undefeated team left after 8 games
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 28, 2024 1:27 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Salisbury can not lose the flag from here, clear favourites after the first 8 games heading into a week off.. star power across every line, well drilled side and deserve all the credit! Only undefeated team left after 8 games

Good to see you're still alive, been quiet lately.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League