SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby morell » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:45 pm

No marbles. No.

That makes a mockery of the comp. What if they were due to play Ingle Farm, WC, BOS or Rosies? That side gets a week off leading into the finals and a huge leg up over other teams. Also, those teams due to host a home game miss out on valuable revenue - unfair on them.

Think things through before you post mate.

What the league has done is fine, it's working, sucks for the good people at CU but they knew the rules.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:45 pm

beeroclock wrote:
marbles wrote:
morell wrote:Exactly jo. I think what the league is doing is obviously working.

agree to most degrees :) but taking their victories away which they earnt fairly and squarely needs a rethink IMO

having future games confiscated and rewarded to the opposition is the fair way for me

9 weeks suspension = 9 future quarters forfeited & the game in which the incident occurred is also forfieted

so...

Round 14: Blackfriars rewarded victory (game of the incident)
Round 15: Angle rewarded victory - a CU forfieted game
Round 16: Mitchell Park rewarded victory - a CU forfeited game

CU now have 1 quarter carry over points

Marbles.
Why are you highlighting a Div 994 win in a semi final on your sign on?
That's nearly as bad as Morell with You win Morell on his.
Gained under false pretences by the way.
:D :lol: :D
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:53 pm

beeroclock wrote:
marbles wrote:
morell wrote:Exactly jo. I think what the league is doing is obviously working.

agree to most degrees :) but taking their victories away which they earnt fairly and squarely needs a rethink IMO

having future games confiscated and rewarded to the opposition is the fair way for me

9 weeks suspension = 9 future quarters forfeited & the game in which the incident occurred is also forfieted

so...

Round 14: Blackfriars rewarded victory (game of the incident)
Round 15: Angle rewarded victory - a CU forfieted game
Round 16: Mitchell Park rewarded victory - a CU forfeited game

CU now have 1 quarter carry over points

Marbles.
Why are you highlighting a Div 994 win in a semi final on your sign on?
That's nearly as bad as Morell with You win Morell on his.
Gained under false pretences by the way.

marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:08 pm

morell wrote:No marbles. No.

That makes a mockery of the comp. What if they were due to play Ingle Farm, WC, BOS or Rosies? That side gets a week off leading into the finals and a huge leg up over other teams. Also, those teams due to host a home game miss out on valuable revenue - unfair on them.

What the league has done is fine, it's working, sucks for the good people at CU but they knew the rules.

i agree, and youre right

but its also an outrage that all the good efforts of good people, good players, friends, families, girlfriends, committee members, volunteers & all their dedication from the past 2 years have been f##ked up by 2 wankers who need a crack across the knees with a baseball bat

a surpreme court would not punish a whole suburb for one individuals malicious actions, the penalty is "unjust" but yes the club needs to be harshly penalised, is this the only way?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:33 pm

marbles wrote:

i agree, and youre right

but its also an outrage that all the good efforts of good people, good players, friends, families, girlfriends, committee members, volunteers & all their dedication from the past 2 years have been f##ked up by 2 wankers who need a crack across the knees with a baseball bat

a surpreme court would not punish a whole suburb for one individuals malicious actions, the penalty is "unjust" but yes the club needs to be harshly penalised, is this the only way?

No point arguing about the penalty at this late stage because the conditions have been laid down by SAAFL and I assume agreed to by Central United. I'm sure Central United came into the 2014 season knowing exactly where they stood and that included the consequences of them (or one individual) over stepping the line again.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby tricky » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Jetters wrote:No one has anything to say in Div 3.

If you're bored I think there was also another discussion on spitting in the C1 forum.
tricky
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mitcham

Postby Yank Man » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:00 pm

Look morell, what you say is right and they clearly knew the rules. Jetters is also very right too it just doesn't happen in the top echelon of the league and it has absolutely nothing to do with your mercenary ideals. :)

For me you can control a club but you can't control individuals even if you think everything is going well. With respect I site my tenure at MP, I clearly knew the priors of Luke Mac and frankly him and Nat were key reasons for me coming to the den. Luke is a gun person with a lovely family and clearly had turned the corner, but guess what, one dumb brain fade and back to earth we came. Nothing in it at the time but under the new league sanctions we could have been bottom two. Don't get me wrong I would trust Luke with my life but I was always on edge when he played. Is he dirty, no, is a moron, no, does he have white line fever, you bet your ass. I'm sure Bain is no different but in this instance the entire club pays the penalty. :o
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:42 am

Yank Man wrote:

Look morell, what you say is right and they clearly knew the rules. Jetters is also very right too it just doesn't happen in the top echelon of the league and it has absolutely nothing to do with your mercenary ideals. :)

For me you can control a club but you can't control individuals even if you think everything is going well. With respect I site my tenure at MP, I clearly knew the priors of Luke Mac and frankly him and Nat were key reasons for me coming to the den. Luke is a gun person with a lovely family and clearly had turned the corner, but guess what, one dumb brain fade and back to earth we came. Nothing in it at the time but under the new league sanctions we could have been bottom two. Don't get me wrong I would trust Luke with my life but I was always on edge when he played. Is he dirty, no, is a moron, no, does he have white line fever, you bet your ass. I'm sure Bain is no different but in this instance the entire club pays the penalty. :o

The other reasonable point is that when 90% of these incidents occur the Club (and people around the Club) will rarely be shocked at the identity of the perpetrator involved (I have no idea whether this is the case for Bain). In that case where the Club is on conditional affiliation they play those players at their own risk imo.

@Yank Man, if MP was hypothetically under the same conditional affiliation as Central United was for this year in 2012, would it have changed your approach?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 726 times

Postby zedman » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:28 am

SA amateur league takes tough stance on footy players behaving badly

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 7005940196
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1081 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:32 am

I feel for Carey and the blokes doing the hard yards out there. But for me I think the league is spot on. ' brain fades ' what ever you want to call them is a p*ss poor excuse. I don't even know what happened in the incident, but to me the clubs taken a whack for the better. One more moron the great people of that club won't have to deal with.

In all my playing time apart from one club which was part of the reason I left, I honestly can't remember one player being suspended off the top of my head. It isn't the AFL and a slightly high bump gets matches. If you get games in amatuer/country leagues it's generally well deserved. I liked to play the game hard and was sent off once for swearing at myself after missing a goal.

Maybe it's time for the club to look at any other player with the potential to do an act like this and move them on. Unfortunately if your serious about making changes tough decisions need to be made. It's football and to me wankers like this should take up boxing there's no place in our great game for clowns like that.

All the best to Carey and CUFC going forward
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Doghouse13 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:18 pm

The result of the West Croydon v Ingle Farm game this week will have a massive impact on the way the top 4 shapes out.
A loss to WC could see Rosies overtake them in 3rd spot depending on other results.
IF go down and they go into R17 against BOS having lost 2 on the trot and could potentially be playing in an Elimination final.
Forgive me for trying to start conversation about footy!
Doghouse13

Been liked: 4 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:32 pm

Real important game that one, as well as Lockley V Rosies.. Lockleys win they seal 5th spot, Rosies win they could jump back into the top 3 with a favourable run home.. Real exciting season
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:46 pm

Doghouse13 wrote:The result of the West Croydon v Ingle Farm game this week will have a massive impact on the way the top 4 shapes out.
A loss to WC could see Rosies overtake them in 3rd spot depending on other results.
IF go down and they go into R17 against BOS having lost 2 on the trot and could potentially be playing in an Elimination final.

can you explain how Rosewater can get past Ingle Farm this Saturday?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Doghouse13 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Doghouse13 wrote:The result of the West Croydon v Ingle Farm game this week will have a massive impact on the way the top 4 shapes out.

Can you please highlight where I've stated that?
Doghouse13

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:04 pm

Doghouse13 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Can you please highlight where I've stated that?

Apologies....I read "a loss to WC" as IF losing to WC. You are correct. Some big games coming up. Pressure on all 4 teams.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby morell » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Yank Man wrote:Look morell, what you say is right and they clearly knew the rules. Jetters is also very right too it just doesn't happen in the top echelon of the league and it has absolutely nothing to do with your mercenary ideals. :) [

We had a season way back when where we were told in no uncertain terms that any more incidents and we were out. It was after a brawl in the B grade at Houghton from memory. It was communicated very effectively to all players and everyone knew that we simply couldn't stuff up or it was the club that would suffer. We banned two players from playing for us. We were saints and scholars for the rest of the year. Club sanctions for individual actions work and work well...

You mentioned Luke, I think it was seeing how much impact his indiscretions had on the club and how much he let everyone down which placated his temper on the field in recent years. Other than one reactionary jab to the nose against TTG, he has been really good. I recall him saying to me that me telling him how stupid that was was one of the things which really sunk in, as in, a fellow club person was telling him, not an opposition supporter, player or big wig from the league.

Mind you he did threaten to bite the face off of a Fitzroy defender for picking on me this year. That was a funny moment! :lol: :lol:
morell
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:51 pm

It was A grade I reckon. Potters pulled Balla's hair, which he didn't take kindly too :D
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Nah it was definitely a B Grade game... maybe it was Angle Vale.

...although the infamous hair pull fight was a good stouch as well!!
morell
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:08 pm

After realising all the work that had gone in over summer to recruit/retain and build for this season across the various clubs, and looking at how incredibly even the top 4 sides have become this season, looking ahead I'm curious on peoples thoughts about the end result for clubs that fall short when the cricket whites are getting dusted off in September.

If a club doesn't win the premiership this season or gain promotion, what impact will that have on these clubs? After a long and successful season, to fall short would it have a negative impact on clubs or positive(build a steely resolve, determination, focus etc)?

Take Rosewater for example (only because it's been well documented over their quality recruiting), if they fail this season, will they be able to retain their players next season? Mentally what sort of mindset would the playing group and people involved in the club hold approaching pre-season 2015 knowing that for the best part of 2 seasons they have been right at the top of the ladder but havent managed to take that last step? Not only that but knowing how successful you've been over the minor rounds so consistently and the gap from your best compared the worst side e.g. Angle Vale how hard would it be to motivate for another 9 months of total commitment?

On top of that what about the reserves if they win the flag, of course would be great but remaining in the same division next season, how will that impact them? I know personally looking back over the past couple of seasons in 7 and then this year in 6, it can be difficult at times to maintain the energy and motivation when there is such a large gap between the top sides and bottom and a majority of games appear a foregone conclusion before they are played and the margins reflect the lack of competitiveness in the match.

On the flip side, how do the clubs that go up and down respond? Would there be a fear of the unknown? For the side going up whether they can compete, what they lack and need, how much success they will have. For the side going down whether they can rebound and come back up, will they fall into a slump and find themselves down for an extended period of time.

Who would be feeling the pinch the most this August - the players or the football committees?

Anyway just trying to talk something else apart from suspensions and sanctions :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby morell » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:25 pm

I know for us I reckon winning the flag and getting promoted lost us some players in the end, their hunger was sated ...especially for some of the older club stalwarts.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League