Yorke Peninsula League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Postby westy » Fri May 09, 2014 11:50 am

I reckon Taylor thought. It's no use flogging a dead horse out at Hamley, a club with a top draw full of wooden spoons. Why not chase a flag before I get too old and crusty.
westy
Under 18s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Fri May 09, 2014 12:45 pm

westy wrote:I reckon Taylor thought. It's no use flogging a dead horse out at Hamley, a club with a top draw full of wooden spoons. Why not chase a flag before I get too old and crusty.

Players chasing flags?? Isnt that another case of the stronger clubs getting stronger.?? I have way more respect for the one club players that stick by their club through thick and thin. Unfortunately money has too much to say at all clubs.
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby westy » Fri May 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Dogs Breakfast wrote:
westy wrote:I reckon Taylor thought. It's no use flogging a dead horse out at Hamley, a club with a top draw full of wooden spoons. Why not chase a flag before I get too old and crusty.

Players chasing flags?? Isnt that another case of the stronger clubs getting stronger.?? I have way more respect for the one club players that stick by their club through thick and thin. Unfortunately money has too much to say at all clubs.

Oh get over it, your starting to sound like a real sook. Football isn't fair! Maybe we all should take turns at winning a flag. Better yet let's make sure that during a game everyone gets the same amount of kicks.
westy
Under 18s

Postby Useless » Fri May 09, 2014 12:59 pm

Hamley going ok this year.
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Fri May 09, 2014 2:00 pm

westy wrote:
Dogs Breakfast wrote:

Oh get over it, your starting to sound like a real sook. Football isn't fair! Maybe we all should take turns at winning a flag. Better yet let's make sure that during a game everyone gets the same amount of kicks.

Not sooking , just stating the obvious.Easy to be a bully boy when your sitting on top. Its fine for you to have opinions on every other club in your league but fail to accept any discussion on your own club. Have another dig at Moonta. You sound like a broken record!,
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby westy » Fri May 09, 2014 3:42 pm

Kadina have won 4 flags in the last 50 years. They have had there fair share of heart ache and time on the bottom. There are 4000 people that live in an around wallaroo they have won a heap of flags. I think they won 3 in a row not long ago. Bully club paying top dollars to ex SANFL players.
westy
Under 18s

Postby westy » Fri May 09, 2014 3:52 pm

In the last 50 year's kadina have won 4 flags. Ardrossan 9, Wallaroo 8, Pasky 6, Bute. 5 and CMS 5. You want us to feel sorry for them. Yet we are the bully because we have been around the mark for the last 4 years.
westy
Under 18s

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Fri May 09, 2014 4:11 pm

If Kadina looked after their juniors they wouldnt have to look for outsiders. Paying top dollar for outsiders and all your good kids head off to Pasky or Wallaroo. Dont think you can throw stones at any other club for spending money when you do it yourself at the detriment of your local kids. The fact you have only won 4 flags in the last 50 years is a testiment to the poor culture you had in the past. 6 B grade premierships in a row with A grade quality players unwilling to put their hand up for A grade because it might mean losing. How many B grade flags in the last 50 years?
Last edited by Dogs Breakfast on Fri May 09, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri May 09, 2014 4:15 pm

westy wrote:In the last 50 year's kadina have won 4 flags. Ardrossan 9, Wallaroo 8, Pasky 6, Bute. 5 and CMS 5. You want us to feel sorry for them. Yet we are the bully because we have been around the mark for the last 4 years.

How many of those flags in the last 10 years westy?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri May 09, 2014 4:31 pm

he should speak to @marbles
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Fri May 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Useless wrote:

Ur not wrong. 2 good wins. Hardly a wooden spoon basket case . Teams like Hamley need to be competitive so its great to see.
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby westy » Fri May 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
westy wrote:In the last 50 year's kadina have won 4 flags. Ardrossan 9, Wallaroo 8, Pasky 6, Bute. 5 and CMS 5. You want us to feel sorry for them. Yet we are the bully because we have been around the mark for the last 4 years.

How many of those flags in the last 10 years westy?

In the last 10 year's CMS 3, southern eagles 2, kadina 2. Ardrossan, Moonta and cougars 1 each.
Pasky have play in 4 losing GF and Bute 3 also Moonta 2 losing GF's So the had their chances.
That suggests a pretty even comp.
westy
Under 18s

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Fri May 09, 2014 4:43 pm

And how about since the introduction of the points system?..
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby westy » Fri May 09, 2014 4:47 pm

Dogs Breakfast wrote:
Useless wrote:

Ur not wrong. 2 good wins. Hardly a wooden spoon basket case . Teams like Hamley need to be competitive so its great to see.

=D> that makes no sense. You just went full retard.
Hamley have accumulated wooden spoons over the years and they are stored in a draw.
westy
Under 18s

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri May 09, 2014 4:49 pm

westy wrote:
Dogs Breakfast wrote:
Useless wrote:

Hamley have accumulated wooden spoons over the years and they are stored in a draw.

full.JPG
full.JPG (25.92 KiB) Viewed 2974 times
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby westy » Fri May 09, 2014 4:49 pm

Dogs Breakfast wrote:And how about since the introduction of the points system?..

The points systems in its third year I'm sure. You can work that out.
westy
Under 18s

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri May 09, 2014 4:50 pm

Willy Serle IS YP Football 8)

Serle - TOPS!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri May 09, 2014 4:54 pm

westy wrote:
Dogs Breakfast wrote:
Useless wrote:

I don't see how that is full retard? Valid observation in my opinion.

You make it sound like Taylor jumped off a sinking ship but recent form suggests the ship is going along ok. I think Craig would be happy to see them going ok as well.

No doubting Hamley's wooden spoon history but Taylor was never part of that era.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri May 09, 2014 4:56 pm

OnSong wrote:You make it sound like Taylor jumped off a sinking ship but recent form suggests the ship is going along ok. I think Craig would be happy to see them going ok as well.

No doubting Hamley's wooden spoon history but Taylor was never part of that era.

Dont think he is making it sound like that at all, sounds more like Taylor after supporting HB realised before he gets too old that the chance to win a flag is elsewhere and seize that opportunity.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri May 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
OnSong wrote:You make it sound like Taylor jumped off a sinking ship but recent form suggests the ship is going along ok. I think Craig would be happy to see them going ok as well.

Dont think he is making it sound like that at all, sounds more like Taylor after supporting HB realised before he gets too old that the chance to win a flag is elsewhere and seize that opportunity.

He's already too old. ;)

The Bombers finished top two in the H&A season, he helped orchestrate that mind you and they've gone out and recruited some of the best country footballers going around.

The reference to all the wooden spoons suggests it was pointless pursuing that success with Hamley, but they certainly had a sniff last year and look to be in with a shout this year as well.
Last edited by OnSong on Fri May 09, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy