West Coast Eagles Season 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: West Coast Eagles Season 2015

Postby MJ_23 » Fri May 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Good to see Scoot back into the side, Interesting year for him given he is a free agent at the end of the season.

Few murmurs we are heavily into Stephen Cog, which would be amazing if it happened.

Massive danger game for us i reckon, really worried about it actually. Last week was great but GC was pathetic, Yeo has been such a brilliant pick up.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby helicopterking » Fri May 22, 2015 7:50 pm

MJ_23 wrote:Good to see Scoot back into the side, Interesting year for him given he is a free agent at the end of the season.

Few murmurs we are heavily into Stephen Cog, which would be amazing if it happened.

Massive danger game for us i reckon, really worried about it actually. Last week was great but GC was pathetic, Yeo has been such a brilliant pick up.

Where did you hear that? I've hoped for someone like Stephen Cog, but who knows. There are a lot of WA lads playing else where, so I think we will get one.
I'm not concerned, but we just have to many scoring options. Saints will hang in there, I don't think it will be a blow out.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby helicopterking » Sun May 31, 2015 8:39 pm

Serious win today guys
40 shots against 14 against a side like Geelong is a fair effort.
Should have won by 100, first time this year we have kicked poorly.
Josh Kennedy is the best key forward in the comp by a mile, not just in the air, but almost better when it hits the ground.
Gaff is a serious player.
Shuey learning how to beat the tag.
McGovern is a gun.
Priddis, deserves every bit of his brownlow medal.
Nic Nat fit, makes us a totally different side.

Bring back Yeo, Darling, Sheed and Rosa, things are looking good, barring more injuries.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun May 31, 2015 8:44 pm

Geez go back to the 1st page of this thread, some great judges here :D
Should've had more faith in what a coach from the Al Clarkson Academy can do
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2429 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby helicopterking » Sun May 31, 2015 9:12 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Geez go back to the 1st page of this thread, some great judges here :D
Should've had more faith in what a coach from the Al Clarkson Academy can do

Some parts yes, half of it are mostly Dad jokes. Showing signs of a early hawks. Good football lines to attempt.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:15 am

Looking at the west coast wins and its not as impressive as their record suggests. Dont get me wrong i understand you can only beat who you're drawn to play but a soft draw helps. They have lost to the dogs in round 1 in a tight one and also to freo. They have beaten
Carlton (18), gold coast (17), brisbane (16), st kilda (14), port (12), geelong (11) and their bunnies GWS in perth. Granted Port was here and that was a mammoth effort but nothing else gets me too excited about that list...

I think once they start to play some more of the better sides they'll get found out and will probably scrape into somewhere between 5th-8th come sepetmber...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:10 am

nuggety goodness wrote:Looking at the west coast wins and its not as impressive as their record suggests. Dont get me wrong i understand you can only beat who you're drawn to play but a soft draw helps. They have lost to the dogs in round 1 in a tight one and also to freo. They have beaten
Carlton (18), gold coast (17), brisbane (16), st kilda (14), port (12), geelong (11) and their bunnies GWS in perth. Granted Port was here and that was a mammoth effort but nothing else gets me too excited about that list...

I think once they start to play some more of the better sides they'll get found out and will probably scrape into somewhere between 5th-8th come sepetmber...

Who would you class as the better sides, outside Hawks, Freo and Sydney?
We play Nth, Ess and Richmond before the bye.
Hawkins made a mess of Schofield, and no doubt at some stage the loss of MacKenzie and Brown will catch up to us.
We are going along better then I expected with who we lost at the start of the year, but it's our style of footy we are playing which is exciting to watch and I like I said in another thread, we almost have the best draw out of any team.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:51 am

helicopterking wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:Looking at the west coast wins and its not as impressive as their record suggests. Dont get me wrong i understand you can only beat who you're drawn to play but a soft draw helps. They have lost to the dogs in round 1 in a tight one and also to freo. They have beaten

Hawkins made a mess of Schofield, and no doubt at some stage the loss of MacKenzie and Brown will catch up to us.
We are going along better then I expected with who we lost at the start of the year, but it's our style of footy we are playing which is exciting to watch and I like I said in another thread, we almost have the best draw out of any team.

I guess thats the issue, it seems this season more than any that on any given day a middle of the road side can go and beat anyone. there is so much difference between their best and worst...
Outside of who we assume are the top three, and i agree Freo, Hawks and Sydney are the three and the bottom couple in Gold Coast and Carlton it is really a mess in the middle.

I hope West Coast go well and they can keep up their run going despite their KP injuries!
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby JK » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:22 am

helicopterking wrote:We are going along better then I expected with who we lost at the start of the year, but it's our style of footy we are playing which is exciting to watch and I like I said in another thread, we almost have the best draw out of any team.

Ive never been a huge WC fan, but I have to agree with what you've said HK. The workrate has been exceptional this season, the players have bought in and Simpsons style is being adhered to, and its a damn tough system to beat. If I were a West Coast fan I'd be hugely optimistic about the remainder of 2015 and seasons to follow. And it's a good to watch.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:52 pm

That one hurt. Eagles trolling us by kicking points and the umpires bending us over and nailing us in the keester. Can't blame the umps though we could have and probably should have lost by around 80. One thing I noticed is that the Eagles disposal has improved a hell of a lot this season. If you have good skills by foot it doesn't matter if you aren't overly blessed with speedsters as Hawthorn has shown many times.

Can they make the top four? Will be interesting to see. Looking forward to see how this 'new' West Coast goes against Sydney and Hawthorn in particular.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:That one hurt. Eagles trolling us by kicking points and the umpires bending us over and nailing us in the keester. Can't blame the umps though we could have and probably should have lost by around 80. One thing I noticed is that the Eagles disposal has improved a hell of a lot this season. If you have good skills by foot it doesn't matter if you aren't overly blessed with speedsters as Hawthorn has shown many times.

Can they make the top four? Will be interesting to see. Looking forward to see how this 'new' West Coast goes against Sydney and Hawthorn in particular.

regards,

REB

What will help us is we will play both Sydney and Hawks at Subi.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:00 pm

helicopterking wrote:

Probably the teams from 10-1 :D

You can only play the teams you are drawn against though, and West coast are benefitting from having an underwhelming season last year, a bit like the crows in that regard.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MJ_23 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:49 pm

I agree that we have had an easy draw. BUT the skill development and work rate has increased by a huge amount.

We are finally seeing Shep and Wellingham play some really good footy, Masten has had his best year so far by an absolute mile.

I think being 7-2 we will make the 8 given we probably only need 5 more wins.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Yeah good call, and your defence could have gone to water(s) :) but it didn't.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:10 am

Darling a chance to return via the WAFL reserves this week. Still, I wouldn't think he would push for senior selection until after the bye.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:55 am

Disappointing yesterday. Beaten by team who wanted it more.
We were a bit flat, but totally out on our feet in the last 10mins. Got fumbly at crucial points,which hurt us when it mattered.
Didn't use the footy smart enough. Had a lot more of the ball, didn't use it properly.
Positives- Wellingham was excellent, Duggan is impressive when it matters, Nic Nat was good, probably broke even with Goldstein, but kicked 4 behinds.
Disappointing - Hill,Cripps,Lecras,Selwood.

6 day break, back home against Essendon, hopefully in better conditions than yesterday. Should get the job done.

On the plus side, Jack Darling kicked 5 in his return for East Perth. May be available this week against Essendon at the expense of McInnes I'd say.
Ellis,Lucas,Colledge all got plenty of it as well.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:47 am

Beaten by a team that wasn't coached by a Scott Brother.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:05 pm

Percentage booster this week, get on the Eagles by 100 plus
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3566 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby MJ_23 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:52 am

Was very disappointed to lose that game, we had them cooked just before 3 quarter time and we took the foot off the throat and then let them get the momentum. The reason North won that game was because they wanted it more in close and thats the bottom line.

Liam Duggan is going to be some sort of player for the Eagles, he was incredible in close and when it mattered. The injuries to players like Selwood have actually been a positive as it has given Duggan, Sheed and co plenty of time.

Selwood was disappointing and looks under done, Brad Shepard was terrific again and has been awesome this year as has Wellingham and Masten. Sam Butler is playing great footy.

Darling kicked 5 in the two's and looks likely to return and we should take the red vest off Sheed this week and throw him back in the middle. Need to beat Essendon this week and go to the bye 8-3.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:57 am

MJ_23 wrote:Was very disappointed to lose that game, we had them cooked just before 3 quarter time and we took the foot off the throat and then let them get the momentum. The reason North won that game was because they wanted it more in close and thats the bottom line.

Liam Duggan is going to be some sort of player for the Eagles, he was incredible in close and when it mattered. The injuries to players like Selwood have actually been a positive as it has given Duggan, Sheed and co plenty of time.

Selwood was disappointing and looks under done, Brad Shepard was terrific again and has been awesome this year as has Wellingham and Masten. Sam Butler is playing great footy.

Darling kicked 5 in the two's and looks likely to return and we should take the red vest off Sheed this week and throw him back in the middle. Need to beat Essendon this week and go to the bye 8-3.

We still have Richmond coming off the bye, at the MCG before our bye. Can't really afford to drop any of the next 2.
helicopterking
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL