R4: Eagles v North - Sunday 17 April @ Woodville

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R4: Eagles v North - Sunday 17 April @ Woodville

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:25 am

Mickyj wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
Wedgie wrote:How many North players were reported Micky?

Zero
But have they done trial by video yet wedgie

Yes mate, video analysis is complete.

Well that's one part of that answered

Why the over the top on a skinny aboriginal kid footy player
I might ask him one day how he upset north players

The fact he's young and aboriginal is irrelevant, I didn't hear you go on about Skipworth almost breaking Matt Campbell's arm a few years ago. Yarran didn't get on free kick for the day and gave one away which indicates you're seeing things mate. If anyone was over the top I'm sure he would have at least got a free. Move on.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby robranisgod » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:12 am

The only incident I can think of is where Mitch Clisby, a ball player if ever there has been one, chases down Yarran and pushes him as Yarran kicks a goal. The push, which may or may not have been deemed to be in the back caused Yarran to almost miss the goal. I was surprised that Yarran stayed down as long as he did after the push. He must have landed awkwardly. The incident is actually shown on the video highlights and the powers that be certainly haven't thought it worthy of a report.

I would agree that if you were concerned about skinny aboriginal kids you should have commented unfavourably about Skipworth's incident on Matthew Campbell all those years ago in the 2006 Preliminary final.

And finally our skinny Latvian kid, Maris Olekans has been knocked from pillar to post in his first four games, but it is all part of being a league footballer. It isn't netball.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 231 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Mickyj » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:32 am

robranisgod wrote:The only incident I can think of is where Mitch Clisby, a ball player if ever there has been one, chases down Yarran and pushes him as Yarran kicks a goal. The push, which may or may not have been deemed to be in the back caused Yarran to almost miss the goal. I was surprised that Yarran stayed down as long as he did after the push. He must have landed awkwardly. The incident is actually shown on the video highlights and the powers that be certainly haven't thought it worthy of a report.

I would agree that if you were concerned about skinny aboriginal kids you should have commented unfavourably about Skipworth's incident on Matthew Campbell all those years ago in the 2006 Preliminary final.

And finally our skinny Latvian kid, Maris Olekans has been knocked from pillar to post in his first four games, but it is all part of being a league footballer. It isn't netball.

That wasn't the one I was thinking of
But why it went on in the trial and this game . I didn't complain about Boyds ribs .

Netball is a good one your team has a history of it under Jarman end result it didn't get your side a flag then
I'm not saying this game will get the Eagles a flag either
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby human_torpedo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:40 am

While Yaz did cop some treatment, I don't think any of it was over the top or 'targeting'.. The push or what ever you would like to call it was unnecessary but was probably out of frustration at a turn over goal over the back that gave Eagles the cushion when North were working back into the game..

We won the game on the back of 1 good quarter. North were better than I thought they would be, Have good top end players, but do fear for depth if they do lose a couple of those. They have good reserves depth, but whether they are capable of impacting league is up for debate.. Doesn't seem to be much difference between the bottom half dozen league and the top 10 in reserves, which means competitive reserves side but not always good for the League if a few injuries hit..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:05 pm

There was definitely something between Campbell and Skipworth in a game at Woody Oval a few weeks before, in a game that had a bit of spite in general. Campbell lined up in defence on Skipworth (thought he played mainly in attack that year?), who got a free and maybe goal before the ball was bounced and a couple others before quarter time when we'd blown out the game. A couple of times the TV footage only picks up Skipworth being uncharacteristically agitated at Campbell, but doesn't actually capture any incidents.
What Skipworth did a few weeks later was ordinary, all I'm saying is there was some previous animosity between the two.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 176 times

Postby Grahaml » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:19 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:There was definitely something between Campbell and Skipworth in a game at Woody Oval a few weeks before, in a game that had a bit of spite in general. Campbell lined up in defence on Skipworth (thought he played mainly in attack that year?), who got a free and maybe goal before the ball was bounced and a couple others before quarter time when we'd blown out the game. A couple of times the TV footage only picks up Skipworth being uncharacteristically agitated at Campbell, but doesn't actually capture any incidents.
What Skipworth did a few weeks later was ordinary, all I'm saying is there was some previous animosity between the two.

To somehow try to explain or qualify Skipworth's actions that day just makes you sound like an apologist. It was worse than ordinary it was disgusting. No matter what circumstances there might have been or what actions Campbell took beforehand, a bloke has the right to expect his opponent won't take the weak way out and try to injure him when he's in a prone position having gotten there by just playing the game as it's meant to be played.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby holden78 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:54 am

Let's get back on topic....... this league is a farce with no leadership and plan for the real 8 teams as it's all about Gayfl teams on TV and bullshite 4000
attendences! :roll:
All the SANFL care about are their own pay cheques, no passion or real interest, coz if they actually cared, you would be :oops:
by what has evolved.
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby VALE PARK » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:59 am

My team has one of those lovely byes this week.
Some good comment there.
I think gradually supporters of the 8 clubs are seeings going down and down.
Rome burns slowly.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Mickyj » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:12 pm

holden78 wrote:Let's get back on topic....... this league is a farce with no leadership and plan for the real 8 teams as it's all about Gayfl teams on TV and bullshite 4000
attendences! :roll:
All the SANFL care about are their own pay cheques, no passion or real interest, coz if they actually cared, you would be :oops:
by what has evolved.

Actually the topic says North V Eagles Holden
Even I've stopped going on
Basically I know what your saying is correct . How do you change it get voted on the board a large number of you guys .
Otherwise you just an old bloke rattling your sabre for no reason
And I'm not in favour of the AFL but either get elected make changes or build a bridge get over it
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby RB » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:01 pm

You make some decent points Micky, but the fact is the decisions taken by the clubs were totally undemocratic. Really, it shouldn't come to actually getting elected to the board - the board (whoever it is comprised of) should represent the members and listen to them.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 772 times
Been liked: 1082 times

Postby Mickyj » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:52 pm

RB wrote:You make some decent points Micky, but the fact is the decisions taken by the clubs were totally undemocratic. Really, it shouldn't come to actually getting elected to the board - the board (whoever it is comprised of) should represent the members and listen to them.

RB I can't argue when all this started I got annoyed all the old blokes complaining at grounds
I said why didn't you stand for the board which was elected a week before they stated complaining .
I'm like everyone I don't like it but I put up with it .
And if Port or Crows get injuries good or if port players have to leave in the finals good .
Can't do much about it .
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby FlyingHigh » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:24 pm

Grahaml wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:There was definitely something between Campbell and Skipworth in a game at Woody Oval a few weeks before, in a game that had a bit of spite in general. Campbell lined up in defence on Skipworth (thought he played mainly in attack that year?), who got a free and maybe goal before the ball was bounced and a couple others before quarter time when we'd blown out the game. A couple of times the TV footage only picks up Skipworth being uncharacteristically agitated at Campbell, but doesn't actually capture any incidents.

To somehow try to explain or qualify Skipworth's actions that day just makes you sound like an apologist. It was worse than ordinary it was disgusting. No matter what circumstances there might have been or what actions Campbell took beforehand, a bloke has the right to expect his opponent won't take the weak way out and try to injure him when he's in a prone position having gotten there by just playing the game as it's meant to be played.

Maybe. I don't think over the year's I 've been too much of an apologist for our players (eg Parry) or the club in general. It was just something I picked up going through some old videos a couple of years later.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 176 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL