16%
Woodville South
5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:34 pm

JesseWhite wrote:Any reason why Lockleys are favourites in the Poll? Have they picked up some good players?

Picked up a handy full forward
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby truk teppitt » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:18 pm

Think Smithfield will give this Div a big run for its money, especially if they keep Webber as has been reported...
truk teppitt
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mitcham

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 am

truk teppitt wrote:Think Smithfield will give this Div a big run for its money, especially if they keep Webber as has been reported...

Matty Stewart returning is a massive in, but losing Cook hurts, and Bellman although he's getting on is a blow as a ruckman.. as an opposition side though, reckon I would've much rathered seen Micky Lane on the clearance list instead of Jamie :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:45 am

truk teppitt wrote:Think Smithfield will give this Div a big run for its money, especially if they keep Webber as has been reported...

They've still gotta get the ball to him, Ashby is a very dangerous forward too.

Daniel Cook being an out will be hard to replace, hopefully he has a change of heart, Benny Towell returning will be a massive inclusion down back, the human glove is rarely beaten.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Daniel Cook being an out will be hard to replace, hopefully he has a change of heart

I hope not :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:02 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Daniel Cook being an out will be hard to replace, hopefully he has a change of heart

I hope not :lol:

I'll delete this comment :D
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby zedman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:01 am

The Bedge wrote:

Matty Stewart returning is a massive in, but losing Cook hurts, and Bellman although he's getting on is a blow as a ruckman.. as an opposition side though, reckon I would've much rathered seen Micky Lane on the clearance list instead of Jamie :lol:

8)

reckon cook will return with towell back as well..ashby, webber always a handful..smithfield will be a tough nut to crack as usual..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby great catch » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Cook expected to return, Smithfield have gained a few extra recruits that will come in handy, I think it will be a good season for the panthers
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Pag » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:54 am

Where was Cook going?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby great catch » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:15 am

Pag wrote:Where was Cook going?

Broadview but apparently not enjoying it, says he might just come back to Smithfield
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby oldman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:26 am

Top 5 for 2018

Lockleys is the the team to beat. They have been around the mark for a while now and have the depth many clubs can only dream of in div5. They have kept the nucleus from the side from the last couple of years and added some more quality. A well coached and drilled team. This could be the year they finally make the big dance and a dominant season from the demons would not surprise anyone. A lock for the double chance.

CBOC arguably were the second best side last year and would be disappointed not to have made their way out of Div5. Under fist year coach last year and with some exciting recruits CBOC were a formidable outfit at their best. One would expect further improvement with another preseason under the guidance of the coaching group and with further quality players added to what was a deep and even playing list CBOC sit at the pointy end of the ladder again in 2018. Top 3 would be the minimum expectation and we all know anything can happen from there.

BOS are for me the biggest unknown. As with Lockleys, BOS could easily have been promoted over the last few years with a couple of dominant seasons had. Last year might have been slightly below par but some added depth was a real positive. With a new coach coming from Div1 I expect BOS to be the best drilled team and have team structures rarely seen at this level.  If they are able to acquire even a few players with the coach they could do some serious damage and take the big step in finals type footy.  Finals is a sure thing but the sky is the limit.

Pulteney will be looking to continue their improvement after what was a dominant display in Div6 last year. However some key players from last year not available again could  prove costly. With a couple of decent additions to the playing group taking time to gel might mean a slow start. If previous seasons are any indication depth shouldn't be an issue. Last year saw them catch sides out with their game style however this year will be a significant improvement in quality opposition. Finals footy or fail.

Smithfield are the sleeping giant make no mistake. Anything is possible with this mob after racing up the grades they were found out last year after losing some key personal. If they are able to gain some of those blokes back for 2018 then lookout. Always a formidable outfit at home they should be looking to all games out there which in turn sees them right around the mark with a few wins on the road. Top end talent will take them along way but depth could be the issue. Finals looks likely.

Woodville South

Hope Valley

Hectorville

Ingle Farm

Kenilworth

Good luck to all teams for 2018 I'll be keeping a close eye on Div5 with no involvement at any club this year I look forward to watching and enjoying footy
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby JesseWhite » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:40 pm

oldman wrote:Top 5 for 2018

Lockleys is the the team to beat. They have been around the mark for a while now and have the depth many clubs can only dream of in div5. They have kept the nucleus from the side from the last couple of years and added some more quality. A well coached and drilled team. This could be the year they finally make the big dance and a dominant season from the demons would not surprise anyone. A lock for the double chance.

CBOC arguably were the second best side last year and would be disappointed not to have made their way out of Div5. Under fist year coach last year and with some exciting recruits CBOC were a formidable outfit at their best. One would expect further improvement with another preseason under the guidance of the coaching group and with further quality players added to what was a deep and even playing list CBOC sit at the pointy end of the ladder again in 2018. Top 3 would be the minimum expectation and we all know anything can happen from there.

BOS are for me the biggest unknown. As with Lockleys, BOS could easily have been promoted over the last few years with a couple of dominant seasons had. Last year might have been slightly below par but some added depth was a real positive. With a new coach coming from Div1 I expect BOS to be the best drilled team and have team structures rarely seen at this level.  If they are able to acquire even a few players with the coach they could do some serious damage and take the big step in finals type footy.  Finals is a sure thing but the sky is the limit.

Pulteney will be looking to continue their improvement after what was a dominant display in Div6 last year. However some key players from last year not available again could  prove costly. With a couple of decent additions to the playing group taking time to gel might mean a slow start. If previous seasons are any indication depth shouldn't be an issue. Last year saw them catch sides out with their game style however this year will be a significant improvement in quality opposition. Finals footy or fail.

Smithfield are the sleeping giant make no mistake. Anything is possible with this mob after racing up the grades they were found out last year after losing some key personal. If they are able to gain some of those blokes back for 2018 then lookout. Always a formidable outfit at home they should be looking to all games out there which in turn sees them right around the mark with a few wins on the road. Top end talent will take them along way but depth could be the issue. Finals looks likely.

Woodville South

Hope Valley

Hectorville

Ingle Farm

Kenilworth

Good luck to all teams for 2018 I'll be keeping a close eye on Div5 with no involvement at any club this year I look forward to watching and enjoying footy

Pretty good summary of the teams in this division, although I still disagree that Lockleys are the team to beat. BOS are gonna be sliders in this division for me, haven't won a final in years and an ageing list. Still don't understand the lack of love for Hectorville, were very strong in division 5 only 2 years ago, if they've lost Mazzone that will definitely hurt though. My ladder would look a little something like this,

CBCOC
Smithfield
Pultney
Lockleys
Hectorville

Hope Valley
BOS
Woodville South
Kenilworth
Ingle Farm
JesseWhite
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby number2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:41 am

JesseWhite wrote:
oldman wrote:Top 5 for 2018

Woodville South

Hope Valley

Hectorville

Ingle Farm

Kenilworth

Pretty good summary of the teams in this division, although I still disagree that Lockleys are the team to beat. BOS are gonna be sliders in this division for me, haven't won a final in years and an ageing list. Still don't understand the lack of love for Hectorville, were very strong in division 5 only 2 years ago, if they've lost Mazzone that will definitely hurt though. My ladder would look a little something like this,

CBCOC
Smithfield
Pultney
Lockleys
Hectorville

Hope Valley
BOS
Woodville South
Kenilworth
Ingle Farm

Is this the same Smithfield that won 2 games last year?
number2

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:48 am

number2 wrote:

And a draw, and no, it isn't the same Smithfield, they have a few more inclusions and returns top their list from 2017, closer to the Smithfield of 14,15 & 16 where they played in successive Grand Finals.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby number2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
number2 wrote:

And a draw, and no, it isn't the same Smithfield, they have a few more inclusions and returns top their list from 2017, closer to the Smithfield of 14,15 & 16 where they played in successive Grand Finals.

Only time will tell i guess!
number2

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:55 am

number2 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
number2 wrote:

Only time will tell i guess!

Yeah, I think just inside the 5 is around the mark, 11-7 perhaps.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby zedman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:40 am

i see a few smokeys..drill down into wsfc's recruiting for 2018..beat the premiers last year, beat us twice..strong depth..dont seem to have lost any with sumner back..

the other ones are the teams coming down from div 4..history shows probably one of them will be in the GF..also wary of hvfc..been playing lots of juniors over the last few years and its going to pay off one one day..cant see any big outs for them..kookas have recruited at least 2 guys with league experience..have a unique oval..hard to beat at home..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby JesseWhite » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 am

zedman wrote:i see a few smokeys..drill down into wsfc's recruiting for 2018..beat the premiers last year, beat us twice..strong depth..dont seem to have lost any with sumner back..

the other ones are the teams coming down from div 4..history shows probably one of them will be in the GF..also wary of hvfc..been playing lots of juniors over the last few years and its going to pay off one one day..cant see any big outs for them..kookas have recruited at least 2 guys with league experience..have a unique oval..hard to beat at home..

Agree with the sentiments about Woodville South, played excellent football at times last year, their position on my ladder orginally was under the assumption that Sumner was out, but if he plays the majority of the year they will certainly be in the finals hunt, may be a bit of a logjam between 3 and 7 im feeling.
JesseWhite
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:25 am

zedman wrote:i see a few smokeys..drill down into wsfc's recruiting for 2018..beat the premiers last year, beat us twice..strong depth..dont seem to have lost any with sumner back..

Yeah, I see the Valleys as a team that would've gained a lot from last season, they lost 5 matches by less than 3 goals, had big wins against Rosewater twice, Greenacres and Kenilworth along with pushing Lockleys twice, they alos defeated Woody South twice.

A 4-5 home record hurt them and it's something they'll try to turn around this season no doubt.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:26 am

Don't kid yourselves people, no one is getting close to Lockleys. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League