Round 2 and all that it brings

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 2 and all that it brings

Postby MJ_23 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:04 pm

Liked: Western Bulldogs again.
Essendon: Aggressive and terrific again and found a way to win. Great performance.
Adelaide/Fremantle: Both have started the year wonderfully, ruthless, hard and aggressive.

Disliked: Gold Coast: Another pretty average performance with all these young "guns" in fact pretty pathetic effort. No GAJ, No GC continues
Allen Christenson: Brisbane have been shown out but so has Bundy in my opinion, what was he recruited for? Been pretty average the first fortnight, needs to spend more time through the middle.
Richmond: Different year, same old Richmond, No Deledio and it showed. Too many medium mids/forwards who just aren't that good.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:43 pm

Liked - Nat Fyfe
Disliked - Nat Fyfe

:(

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:09 am

in all seriousness how did Buddy's goal not get a nomination for goal of the year??
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3037 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:18 am

woodublieve12 wrote:in all seriousness how did Buddy's goal not get a nomination for goal of the year??

The first 2 were better and Fyfe can do no wrong
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:30 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:in all seriousness how did Buddy's goal not get a nomination for goal of the year??

The first 2 were better and Fyfe can do no wrong

i thought lances was better then betts one and better than fyfes... Camerons was a beauty
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:44 am

Whilst Franklin's was a great goal, it was heavily decided by luck more than anything, whereas the other three were more skill.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5538 times
Been liked: 5171 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:24 am

Spargo wrote:Whilst Franklin's was a great goal, it was heavily decided by luck more than anything, whereas the other three were more skill.

isn't that how most the winners of this comp do it?
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:39 am

Booney wrote:Carlton thought the 00’s were painful after their draft sanctions, that’s got nothing on what they’ve got ahead of them. *smiles*

Bulldogs are exciting to watch and have some real top shelf mid’s to work with and I think did the right thing chasing Boyd ( paid overs, but they need a big unit to kick to ). Richmond, I’d have the balls to tell people I changed clubs, I’d take that ridicule over the pain of barracking for them.

Gaz is playing less than 50%, surely, he’s laid one tackle in two games, the rest of the side hasn’t laid many more though! Rocket has some work ahead of him, not a free kick to finals wins that he thought.

Adelaide are genuine, but thin, they’ll need every ounce of luck to keep Jacobs ( who is very durable ), Talia, Hartigan and Jenkins all fit. If they do, they can be top 4.

Port peaked too early last year, I think we learnt from that, but Freo and Sydney aren’t sides to give players “a run” against. It hasn’t paid off, or has it? They ( Wingard, Trengove, Hartlett ) might all be better for “a run”. Massive week ahead, North then the Hawks and Crows. My chin(s) are still up though.

GWS, I think, went ahead of the Suns last year in my finals expectations. Saturday showed it, if you’re a genuine side, you beat Melbourne this year.

Geelong are cooked mate, Enright will have to much work for his old legs this year, Bartel can’t be played everywhere and Kelly has a mind moving faster than his legs while the “next” group appear to be going nowhere. Fremantle have added some attack to their game style, it’s pleasing to see. Better than shut down fall asleep footy.

Kanga’s couldn’t have asked for a softer match up after their round 1 disaster. Brisbane are fickle at full strength and seriously suspect when they’ve got a gun or two out. Who will kick goals for the Bears?

Hawthorn will be livid, seriously livid this morning. They had the Bombers cooked with 10 minutes to go and took the foot off. Essendon kept fighting, good on them, no, screw them, cheats. Hawthorn players ( Hodge, Lewis and Burgoyne ) all were smiling after the game. Pretty much “Oh well, it’s round 2, who cares”. Good luck whoever has them next week!

good summary here boon

agree regarding the crows. if we lose any of our main guys for any length of time, particularly talia or jacobs, we could easily miss the finals.

the problem with port "not peaking too early" is that they have a pretty tough run in the first few games - north, hawthorn and the crows to come.

they need to win at least two of those games, because a 1-4 or 0-5 start to the season is pretty tough to come back from. especially if you want to make top 4.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:43 pm

I went over to Etihad on the weekend and watched the Crows v Collingwood game. Not a great spectacle but good to see a win over there. I was surprised at the lack of Collingwood supporters I thought they had 80k members?

Our endeavour and intensity was there for 3 qtrs but our skill level and finishing was poor. Should have been 10 goal up at half time. Pendles on his own keeping their head above water, I also thought Frost on Tex was good. Then in the last we took the foot off which was a bit disappointing.
Interestingly I noted in the first run through of the crows warm up, Tex was well behind the pack and looked sore, same after half time and he had a rub down before the start of the second half on his calves. IMO he played sore and it showed a bit.

The Good:
Pressure, intensity
Brodie Smith, just keeps getting better and better. Pace, lethal kick and puts his head over it.
Eddie Betts, been a great recruit by the crows to date.
Sloane, don’t really need to say why, it’s clear for all to see
Jacobs, dominated the ruck and around the ground. Is there a better ruckman clean below the knees than Sauce? he picked up 5 off his toes
Talia once again dominated opponent but more importantly he continues his development in finding the ball – I think 24 possies?
Hartigan, I thought did reasonably well on White

The Bad
Poor finishing infront of goal, poor kicking inside 50 to a lead or target
Josh Jenkins, coasted around and didn’t impact many contests.
Tom Lynch, I still see him as a weak link. He hasn’t reached his form of late 2013.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:58 pm

Natanui and Lobbe also pretty good below their knees.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MatteeG » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:39 am

Agree. He's done it before and he'll do it again.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL